lhuser

Golden Master
OK, I acquired a school comp that they thrown out. The specs are as follow:

Pentium w MMX 200MHZ
3.2GB HDD
52X Drive
ATI Mach64 2MB
64MB RAM

Now, it is equiped with Windows 98 andthe thing is: There is Deep Freeze on it. I need it to be removed or I will end up formating...but I don'twant to. The settings in it is not made for my room. Plus, it has an AV and I definately don't want to lose it. Anyone could help?

Oh and...I'm getting another computer that is thrown in the garbage. The specs are as follows

Pentium III 450MHZ
10GB HDD
8MB ATI Rage 3D
128MB RAM

Do you have a 98 disc, you could repair the installation then. You tried booting into safe and getting on the admin account..ask school for the admin account password?

i would put xp on the other pc your getting. disable a few things of course to speed it up but if i can get xp on a pc with specs worse than that first comp then im sure you can get it on that second pc

I can't boot in safe mode. They disabled the Safe mode tool. I really need to hijack it, but Hijackthis gives me a specified problem saying a required DLL was not found

dude1234 said:
i would put xp on the other pc your getting. disable a few things of course to speed it up but if i can get xp on a pc with specs worse than that first comp then im sure you can get it on that second pc

My 200MHZ one would take XP too.

did they give this pc to you? how did you get it?

...my school is too poor to throw a computer out

all the optical drives are busted and whatnot, and they're slow as hell

I would throw it out (when schools throw computers out you know they are bad) Anyways my school uses Deep Freez on XP you cant get around it unless you have passwords

Dammit! Can't bust around them! Oh well...reformat then...

@joepic: These comps aren't allowed to to be given to us, but some people don't care. I said this: You can't giveit to me, but you can give it to me to throw it in the garbage, then I'll pick it up. No rules said after in te garbage, we were not allowed to do so. This is what I did: I putted it in the dumpstairs...still holding on, then I took it out. The next PC will have the same stuff

Back
Top Bottom