Fear, Half life 2

joe pic

Fully Optimized
Ok for FEAR, it says you need a pentium 4, 1.7+ ghz for the minimum, and a p4 3.0 ghz for the recommended...
will you be able to play it on an AMD athlon 64?

and for HL2 it says the recommended specs are 2.4 ghz ...will a 3200 be enough? I'm new with amd processors...and I just want to know how both games would play.

before I build this PC, i want it to last and not have to upgrade it for a while, but I just want to know what games it could play...if anyone knows any other games it could play let me know... here are the specs so far:

athlon 64 3200
geforce 6200
1 gb ram

As far as I know, the 3200+ is equivalent of a 3 ghz Pentium 4, but you shouldn't have any trouble running any of the mentioned games. I ran HL2 on my old 1.7 ghz Pentium 4.

Though that graphics card looks kind of like a huge bottleneck, I'd suggest you'd save your money and go for a Geforce 6800-series GPU.
And I'd also buy a 3500+ Athlon 64 instead of an 3200+. Plus, you can overclock the 3500+ to 2.4 ghz, which is roughly the same as a Pentium 4 with 3,4 ghz.

Well really, I have the intel 630; 3.0ghz processor. And that competes with the Amd athlon 3000+ processor... I know this for a fact, because my friend owns this processor, and I have seen benchmarks.

well amds are far better for gaming but i think a P4 3GHz will handle the newest games ok, since you're building a new system deffinately go with amd and the 3200+ will be fine as long as u overclock it a bit, i got mine to 2.55GHz and i can play any game that i want with no problems, also if you're going to be playing games like CS:S or any other graphically intensive games (the new ones) then u will deffinately want a 6800GS at least

really?
i need a card like that to play CS:S? the 6600 won't be ok? i don't need games to play flawlessly, just well enough to enjoy the experience

gaming_freak said:
well amds are far better for gaming but i think a P4 3GHz will handle the newest games ok, since you're building a new system deffinately go with amd and the 3200+ will be fine as long as u overclock it a bit, i got mine to 2.55GHz and i can play any game that i want with no problems, also if you're going to be playing games like CS:S or any other graphically intensive games (the new ones) then u will deffinately want a 6800GS at least

i wouldn't go as fare as saying that amds are far better for games, i mean they are better, you can overclock the hell outa them.

i reakon the 6600 would be fine. You can go big time and get the ASUS N7800 GTX Top now thats a dam nice card :D

Back
Top Bottom