Gallery: Your running speed

GreatHype said:
67C that weird why would they make a fan that keeps the processor at 67C idle?!?!

Incase if you every fancied using this feature, you could make yourself a fried egg without a cooker!

Nah, Intel got desperado to keep up with the compition (aka, AMD) and needs to squeeze as much juice out of it's CPU's as possible. This means cranking up the voltage to make it run stable at the higher clock speeds, in turn, producing more heat.

Oh, and it's a comlpete myth that a CPU at this temperature is overheating. That go's for AMD CPU's as well. Up to about 60-70 degrees, you have little to worry about - on either platform - they can handle it. A little odd, but nothing else but odd. 75-80 degrees is the temp to start worrying at. Most CPU's will throttle back at this temperature, and cut-off completely (shutdown the PC) at about 85 or just over.

Lol, thats how I was happy with my old AMD 2500+ Barton (1.83GHz) running at a cool 57-65 degrees load when cruising at a nice 2.53GHz on air cooling. I sold it as a 3200+ running at 2.2GHz and from the last time I asked still was running perfectly.

Lets live it on the edge!!!

untitled4nf.jpg
[/QUOTE][/IMG]

dev, how do you like your cyberpower pc? i've ordered from there before and I was pleased, but many people say they don't like cyberpower and i don't know if i'll order from there again...what are your views on cyberpower?
thanks

DUDE I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN.....i dont like there service parts were cheap and good for price....but too many flaws in the system...they sent me the wwrong dvd burner , which made me mad. THey did sent=d out the correct one though...NExt time in a yr or 2 im gonna build my own this time around :)

ok thanks that definitely changed my views...i knew there had to be some sort of catch to their dramatically low prices

Back
Top Bottom