what should i upgrade?

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
im going to be getting quite a bit of money soon and i want to upgrade my computer but i cant decide on what to upgrade, should i get another gig of ram? a new vid card? (most likely a 7800gtx) or a new cpu?

Everything you have looks fine. How much money are you planning on getting? I would just save it for newer better stuff when it comes out. Your system is pretty good the way it is. Maybe get dual core CPU?

ya i was thinking about a dual core cpu but im kinda leaning towards the vid card because im power hungry lol

It will be faster if you upgrade to a 7800GTX. Memory transfer rate is a lot faster and higher pixels per clock which is nice. But if it were just an upgrade to a 7800GT, I don't know if it's worth the money. Do you plan on playing games at higher screen resolutions? If so, the upgrade will help.

i like to play at the highest possible, im gona play a game to push the card i have now to its max and if it cant handle it if not then i'll get the new card, the reason ide want a gtx over a gt is the extra 4 pipelines which means it should last longer

i was thinking about that but because of my watercooling setup itd be pretty difficult to get another card in there and the 6800gt is pretty overpriced right now

i just tried it with lord of the rings 2 demo and maxed out the settings at 1280x1024 and it ran fine so i think im gona go with 2x1gb of ram, would that be a good game to test it with? or should i try something more graphically intensive?

AOEIII is pretty intense on graphics. They have a demo you can download. Doom 3, FEAR, what else is there? I haven't been checking up on games as of late.

Back
Top Bottom