Athlon 3200 or P4 3.0 GHz

ownage said:
Just to tell you, with all 4 DIMMS populated on a AMD, it makes the memory run at 2T which will affect performace, but not on a huge scale. It stresses the onboard memory controller to the extreme. Same thing with the Pentium 4, 4 Dimms is very stressful on the northbridge (memory controller) but what else are you going to use the computer for? Is it gaming dedicated, or are you going to do other stuff with it?

not really sure what you mean, i don't know everything about a PC..
but i'll be using it for everything else, basically, but more focused on gaming...only like Halo, TS2, and whatnot. nothing crazy like fear...

Quinton McLeod said:
The first link shows nothing for ram voltage. So, using that link is pointless.
Besides, most motherboards don't allow ram voltage past 2.9... Running ram at 3.4 is ridiculous and very few motherboards even do it.

I went to that forum (your second link), and first of all... There's only one guy saying that. Everyone else is more like, "Really? I never knew that". Seriously, you can't use that as a source and argue that it's true. There's no factual basis. That's a myth.

If you weren't bias, you wouldn't use such a faulty and bottomless source to prove your points. Do you just put links up to prove a point while at the same time hope that nobody actually clicks on them? That's what it seems like.
first link i posted was to show the low latencies at the high voltages. So you really arent an enthusiat. You dont even know why enthusiasts love high VDimm boards. Thats why they want to run high VDimms so AMD can take the low latencies to its advantage. And the second link i posted, did you read through all five pages? I didnt think so. Are you calling XS a bottemless source? I bet they spend more time playing with a computer than you do, trying to find the tweaks even though it would make only a fraction of a difference in a SPI time. Dont go accusing sources if you havent even seen the bigger picture. Im pretty sure you dont get ESs from companies to play around with. Guess what, they do BECAUSE the company knows that they are a trustworthy source, and they have a huge community that is willing to listen and trust the information they hand out.

ownage said:
first link i posted was to show the low latencies at the high voltages. So you really arent an enthusiat. You dont even know why enthusiasts love high VDimm boards. Thats why they want to run high VDimms so AMD can take the low latencies to its advantage. And the second link i posted, did you read through all five pages? I didnt think so. Are you calling XS a bottemless source? I bet they spend more time playing with a computer than you do, trying to find the tweaks even though it would make only a fraction of a difference in a SPI time. Dont go accusing sources if you havent even seen the bigger picture. Im pretty sure you dont get ESs from companies to play around with. Guess what, they do BECAUSE the company knows that they are a trustworthy source, and they have a huge community that is willing to listen and trust the information they hand out.

Dude. You linked a message forum. You didn't link the New York times or any article. Forums are simply opinions. I never link forums unless I'm trying to reflect a person's opinion. I never point to a forum to prove a fact.

I'm not an enthusiaist? You can't even spell the word! How many of us even run BH5? It's hard to even get BH5 to 1 gig let alone 2. You can run TCCD at a lower voltage at 2gigs and run at 280mhz or even above 300mhz and not have to worry about overheating. BH5, you can't do that. That is why Enthusiaists don't play around much with BH5 as much as they do TCCD. TCCD has a way brighter future than BH5, thank you very much.

I've seen people run TCCD at 2.5-2-2-4 1T at higher frequencies than BH5.

EDIT:
Deleted a repetitive word.

is the (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio mobo really crap? why..what kind of problems occured with it?

Quinton McLeod said:

Dude. You linked a message forum. You didn't link the New York times or any article. Forums are simply opinions. I never link forums unless I'm trying to reflect a person's opinion. I never point to a forum to prove a fact.

I'm not an enthusiaist? You can't even spell the word! How many of us even run BH5? It's hard to even get BH5 to 1 gig let alone 2. You can run TCCD at a lower voltage at 2gigs and run at 280mhz or even above 300mhz and not have to worry about overheating. BH5, you can't do that. That is why Enthusiaists don't play around much with BH5 as much as they do TCCD. TCCD has a way brighter future than BH5, thank you very much.

I've seen people run TCCD at 2.5-2-2-4 1T at higher frequencies than BH5.

EDIT:
Deleted a repetitive word.

I guess you can't spell either. What are you talking about running BH-5 to 1 gig? TCCD at 2 gigs? What are you talking about. Show me that TCCD can do 300mhz 2-2-2-5 and ill end this.

ownage said:
I guess you can't spell either. What are you talking about running BH-5 to 1 gig? TCCD at 2 gigs? What are you talking about. Show me that TCCD can do 300mhz 2-2-2-5 and ill end this.

My pleasure:

New Advanced DDR400 (2-2-2-5) --chip--> Samsung TCCD ~ Brainpower PCB

Here's something even better:

GeIL ONE TCCD (ES) PC3200 (1,5-2-2-5-1T) @2.55V-2.95V --chip--> hand-picked TCCD ~ Brainpower PCB

Want the source? From the same forum you used on me:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=663836#post663836

You also wanted to know what I meant by 1 gig and 2 gigs. BH-5 is expensive! Very few people can afford 2 gigs of such memory at low timings. And not only that, but the memory runs hot and will need cooling once you reach 3.1v. TCCD runs at timings just as low as BH-5, but much cooler. They are also cheaper... Not only that, but you can run TCCD at higher frequencies than you can with BH-5.

EDIT:
Added a paragraph

I understand the capabilities of TCCD, it is extremely good, im using a set of TCCD right now. It could be TCC5 but im too lazy to pull the heat spreaders. BH-5 isnt that expensive, you cant get it new, but hey, its still BH-5. Some people have BH-5s that dont even know it. Manufacturers put BH-5s on value RAM. *shakes fist* But moving on, TCCD is very nice because it thrives on low voltages, 2.6V-3.0V. Actually, BH-5 is not that hot, there are RAM that run hotter than BH-5, mostly from Micron. But TCCD tends to run pretty warm. My TCC5 or TCCD when using 2.7 or 2.8 volts, the heatspreaders are warm to the touch. TCCD used to be very expensive. I remember April of last year when i got my sticks, they were in the $150 price range. Generally, TCCD runs warm, but high frequencies, and more relaxed latencies. BH-5 or UTT on the other hand, run warm like TCCD, decent frequencies (270mhz), very tight timings 2-2-2-x.

Ahhh, the Geil One. 1.5 for CAS Latency will lower performace in motherboards other than DFI NF4 motherboards. Dont ask me why, it just does. 1.5 isnt actually a 'real' CAS Latency. Software still sees it as CAS 2.

ownage said:
I understand the capabilities of TCCD, it is extremely good, im using a set of TCCD right now. It could be TCC5 but im too lazy to pull the heat spreaders. BH-5 isnt that expensive, you cant get it new, but hey, its still BH-5. Some people have BH-5s that dont even know it. Manufacturers put BH-5s on value RAM. *shakes fist* But moving on, TCCD is very nice because it thrives on low voltages, 2.6V-3.0V. Actually, BH-5 is not that hot, there are RAM that run hotter than BH-5, mostly from Micron. But TCCD tends to run pretty warm. My TCC5 or TCCD when using 2.7 or 2.8 volts, the heatspreaders are warm to the touch. TCCD used to be very expensive. I remember April of last year when i got my sticks, they were in the $150 price range. Generally, TCCD runs warm, but high frequencies, and more relaxed latencies. BH-5 or UTT on the other hand, run warm like TCCD, decent frequencies (270mhz), very tight timings 2-2-2-x.

Ahhh, the Geil One. 1.5 for CAS Latency will lower performace in motherboards other than DFI NF4 motherboards. Dont ask me why, it just does. 1.5 isnt actually a 'real' CAS Latency. Software still sees it as CAS 2.

TCCD is only getting better... People see the potential in them and are going crazy with them. It won't be long until we see 1-1-1-2 1T or maybe even .5-1-1-1 1T. However, when that day comes, maybe someone will build HDDs that finally take advantage of the 3.0G/s SATA, because right now, hard drives are the biggest bottlenecks of the PC.

Back
Top Bottom