Steam

It doesn't affect me either way, and personally I like the way you can play without cds etc. I am not a great online game player, but then I usually get my backside kicked when I do, at least playing against the computer I get some sense of achievement.....whereas I just find myself killed in the first few minutes of the game............oh the woe's of having reflexes like a sloth

I quite like them. It makes updating Half Life 2, etc easy for me, and keeps information, etc. Plus I have broadband, so its no problem.

Though my mate doesn't like them because he hasn't been able to play Half Life 2 because hes only got dialup and can only go on it at certain times. So hes been giving off alot of steam.

Though I agree that some of its a bit pointless. It should be easier to sign up, maybe not using the Internet (somehow :p, or if you only have dial up) and also make it so you don't have to download updates before playing the game like he did. Plus make it easier to play offline when you request.

I agree the updates are a bit of a pain, it should give you the option to play single player games without updating, but I guess its to ensure that those playing on servers are all playing with the same version

Teencompwiz2 said:
it's ok, but it could use some improvements.

Thats about all I can say for it.

I've never had a problem with steam other than waiting for it to update, with any pc i've EVER used it on.... I don't know why people have so many problems..

it has its good points, just the fact that you can't play a single player game offline. other then that i don't have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom