More Vista info & pics!

Kage said:
You'll need a dedicated graphics board for all the advanced stuff I'm afraid. On board wouldn't be up to it.

You could probably still run Windows, but not with all the advanced effects.

heck, even my 9800PRO probably wouldn't be up to the job.

You see, its not using software to run Windows anymore. Its going to be using Hardware to draw everything. Should make it faster though, along with adding really complex effects.

I hope it has proper sliding down of bars, etc :p

bummer,,,,this is beginning to get expensive.
new vista o.s. ~$200
graphics card ~$200
plus, still want to increase my ram to 2BG ~$200
total = about $600........ouch!

how would an AMD athlon 64 3200 w/ ht, 2GB of RAM, and an nvidia 6200 work on vista? be specific....now i don't know what you mean by a dedicated graphics board, but the motherboard is a : (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio

...thanks

joepic said:
how would an AMD athlon 64 3200 w/ ht, 2GB of RAM, and an nvidia 6200 work on vista? be specific....now i don't know what you mean by a dedicated graphics board, but the motherboard is a : (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio

...thanks

dedicated graphics board just means you have a graphics card which is seperate from your motherboard. I don't have one, I just have integrated graphics. as for your set-up, it looks good to me. i know your processor and RAM are good, but, someone more familiar with graphics cards may be able to tell you if yours is going to work good with vista.

ok, yeah it's not integrated....i'm deciding between the 7300GS or the 6200...
if I rack up the extra money, i'll get the 6800

You'll find all the latest cards won't work top notch with Viesta.

They are not built to run in the way Viesta will request them too.

Will Vista run with a 32bit CPU? I heard that they are going to make it both ways now 32bit and 64bit

I'm not sure on that.
Microsoft will be the ones to push the 64 BIT platform though, just like they are with HD, making every game on Xbox 360 have to be HD.

So they might very well make it 64bit only to push people onto the boat.

alvino said:
Yeah, I can probably get the Windows Vista Ultimate Edition for free. :D The benefits of having connections...:p

:mad:
You have the MSDN subcription, don't you :mad::mad:

@Kage: They won't push me in the boat

Haha, push me in the boat sounds so funny! Luckily, I already have 64bit :p
Well, the components are.

Back
Top Bottom