Help me choose a processor

Yes, the Athlon64 4400+ X2 Toledo is a very nice processor. I would be pleased with it if I were to build my own this moment. So good decision.

What kind of O.S. are you running? What is the rest of the system you will be getting? Give us a list.

This thread is like a month old but anyways.. I am going to start my build soon and I am getting the x2. Heres the system specs:

CPU: X2 4400+
MOBO: DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Expert
RAM: the ocz 2gb pc3200
HD: WD Caviar 250GB SATA2 16mb cache 7200RPM
Video card: BFG 7800gt
Sound card : CL X-fi music
Case: NZXT Lexa
Monitor: Samsung 940BF... 2ms 700:1
psu: Ultra X2 Connext 550watts

first of all your gunna want to upgrade to x64 if your running that proc and your also gunna wanna get some pc4000 memory because that Proc sends and recieves through one memory controller which means it sends at 4400+ speeds and your 3200+ RAM isnt gunna keep up. That is just my opinion.

LukeD said:
first of all your gunna want to upgrade to x64 if your running that proc and your also gunna wanna get some pc4000 memory because that Proc sends and recieves through one memory controller which means it sends at 4400+ speeds and your 3200+ RAM isnt gunna keep up. That is just my opinion.

Windows xp x64 is not worth it. Most software is 32 bit so its a pain to get drivers or whatever and what not. Its also a bit buggy so i may as well wait to get vista. And I have no clue what you are talking about with the memory thing.

Correct Windows XP 32bit is the better option mate. Many apps still do not support 64bit and many crash. As 64bit is all still new if I were you I would stay with a 32Bit OS.

LukeD said:

You are wrong about the memory thing. 4400+ is the model number for the processor. It has nothing to do with memory. 3200 is how much bandwidth the memory has.

Back
Top Bottom