I get my drivers permit!

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Went for the first drive today. On my way home from school. Did 60 on the highway for my first drive. Its actually pretty simple. I was surprised, how easy it was driving at highspeeds.

And on top of it all, I made it out alive!

You're lucky you can go on highways with your permit. Mine doesn't allow it. But i still managed to find an empty street and hit 65 :p

Oh! And for those who wrote the written test what was your score?? I got 38/40. 18/20 on general rules, and 20/20 on signs :)

written test i got 35/35 on the questions both times i took it... mucked up the first time on the hazard perception...

You know what was hilarious when i was taking the test? Well I wrote the test in like 11 minutes, and you see all the older people sitting there for 45 minutes and then the lady that works there says "Sorry, you got too many wrong, you'll have to come back." I saw about 6 people fail while i was writing my test. It's sooo easy, you can get 4 wrong on each section.
And another thing, this guy beside me had a bluetooth headset to his phone and he was cheating on his test, i found that pretty funny.

mark thorpe said:
fully comp... thats the cheapest quote i got, the most expensive was £7,500... thats nearly how much i get paid over this entire year... it really is stupid how expensive insurance is for young drivers...

Believe though you will get the benefits from it later, I have only just started driving, due to owning a motorbike for most of my twenties, and the insurance was still quoting me £1400 and that was for a 1.4 VW Polo....lol.....

I was lucky got my missus to insure it in her name, for a year, then transfer it to over another insurance company which accepts named drivers as having the no claims as well, renewing next month, and the cheapest quote I have got was £600 fully comp.

I dont know how much my insurence is. Im fully covered on all cars we own. And me being male, and under 16, its high. Like $1,500, a year.

Ok now I'm really going to irk some in this thread. Aced the road test. Missed one written question. How far back you stay from a fire truck with lights and siren on. I said 300 feet. It's 500 feet.

I don't have insurance :p I'm a rebel. lol.
I don't think you need the insurance in your name when you have a G1 (learning permit). As long as it's insured in your passenger's name.

Wow, good job seti

wiktorek01 said:
I don't have insurance :p I'm a rebel. lol.
I don't think you need the insurance in your name when you have a G1 (learning permit). As long as it's insured in your passenger's name.

Yes, when ever YOU drive, you need insurance to cover you. If your caught with out it, you can possible get your car impounded, and drives license takedn away for 3 years.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
I dont know how much my insurence is. Im fully covered on all cars we own. And me being male, and under 16, its high. Like $1,500, a year.

It works different over here to the states rather then insuring the person for all vehicles you have to be insured for every individual vehicle, when we are fully comprehensively insured for one car, it will cover you to drive other cars third party only.

GlasseyeUK said:
It works different over here to the states rather then insuring the person for all vehicles you have to be insured for every individual vehicle, when we are fully comprehensively insured for one car, it will cover you to drive other cars third party only.

is that on the provisional too? ive driven my stepdad's car before, just round the back of the house to fill it up with junk to take down the tip, but ive had a go in it... i drive my car from the back to the front of the house too... i just need to pass the test so i can drive it to college...

Back
Top Bottom