Sigs

Brookfield

Golden Master
NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS As some members are still not complying with my repeated requests to reduce their sigs to the maximum fives required by rule four, I've decided to ask once more to all of you to check your sigs, & adjust as necessary, no need to cut things out, just make the lines longer, it'll take less than a minute, just click "user cp" at the top of every page, then "edit signature", this may seem trivial, but admin agree that rules should be stuck to.
Reluctance to do so, could result in a few days ban, if the adjusting takes overlong, I have noted those who have six lines & more.

Maurice, i believe you have warned people enough! this isnt the 1st thread you have made about it! i believe action should be taken to prevent people from doing it! and action should be taken now!

nat

Yeah...i tell people this all the time in some threadfs....Why cant we have sigs with pics..? Such as a photo shop sig...Just wondering im preety new here..Thanks

just because it makes the place look untidy thats all...

and David (the admin) hasn't been willing to budge at al on this.

so text sigs only... no more than five lines (including any lines that overflow on a reasonable resolution).

If you use 800x600 as your rule of thumb when setting up your sig then it will help.
Then when it appears in higher resolutions it flattens out to longer lines horizontally.

Yea I mean I don't wanna see pics on sigs it makes the place look tacky and unprofisional. I lilke the look of CF. Is miine more then 5 lines? Think we shuold consider 5 lines at todays terms which is like 1280 by 1024like most poeple have there res at anyways.

yeah the problem with posting warnings in other threads, is people dont always go back to the old threads...

As Seti said ( I know my sig isnt a problem) But, the diff screen res's change the atual length. So really.. This is kinda uninforable. (sp?)

You also have to check where the line starts in some sigs.
Some are deliberate. Those are the ones that need to be addressed.
I would suggest giving the member a time limit to handle it themselves. Just make a note of the member in note pad and minimise it. Keep checking back on the list.
When the time exspires then do what has to be done. I've edited a few in the past and have also got members to take care of it themselves. I guess as you have noticed, beating them over the head don't always work.

Maurice, why do you ALWAYS type in bold?? Is it really THAT necessary?? If you bold the entire paragraph, then that makes the bolding pretty useless doesnt it?

and if it is soo important, why don't you just put that in your sig to let everyone know?

Back
Top Bottom