Lag Spikes

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
I've got a linksys wireless router (not sure on the model) and a belkin wireless USB adapter and I get terrible lag spikes when playing online games.

The router is downstairs and I'm in the attic (2nd floor for the British, 3rd floor for the Americans) but I get an excellent siganl strength at 54Mbps.

I know ideally I should keep to the same company with this sort of thing with the benefits of speedbooster and compatibility but for some reason linksys adapters don't work on my computer.

Is there anyway I can stop, or at least decrease these lag spikes?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: oh yeah, and I have 2meg cable broadband.

USB adapter can make the lag spikes. USB is mostly defined for anything besides internet. I remmbered, when we had cable internet with USB. We kep on losing the connection. If you have a wireless adapter, could help...or something that is not USb.

I have a wireless card in my laptop at home and when i was on my wireless network for a time i never had a lag spike while playing games. My speed was only 11Mbps too so yours is way faster then mine. So a wireless card should not give you a spike.

Best speeds come from the G series of wireless cards and routers. The G series can top out at 54mbps. Best you're going to get with B is 11mbps.

Back
Top Bottom