Amd athlon xp 3000+ wait or was it.. 1700

Chopkilla

Baseband Member
Amd athlon xp 3000+ wait or was it.. 1700 help:S:S

hi i'm new to these forum things but i'm sure not so much of a noob to computer.... but this little thing that i got here is a tricky one and it's boggleing my ming.... first of all id like to say hello to everyone!! my names miles and i own an amd athlon xp 3000+ or so i thought i did untill today... i have an ati radeon 9200SE 120GB hd, 512 megs or ram, and an nvidia mother board...

so i go to a store today to buy some ram and found out 3 ports on my mother board are shot (oops yah i know how that happen and i knew he'd say that but whatever) so he put in a samsung ddr400 1 gig ram stick in my comp.. bought it and took it home.. i go to my specs and i see
1..................... BAH?!!!

after 4 hours of trying to figure this out and now i don't have to post.. so i'm going to keep posting and tell you what just happen... it said i had a 1.25 ghz with 1 gig ram and it was an amd athlong 1700... how come it would say such a thing!? ubt i just went and flipped the 512 back in and it said 3000... and then stuck the 1 gig back in and now it's saying 3000..... so now i'm confused..... wow computers are tricky things..... HEY THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP!!

its 3000 your silly computer just got mixed up it was getting familiraised with the new ram. There is a thing called BIOS (tell me if i am wrong plz) and it is set up in the computer to tell all the parts that they are there in the computer (as in directorys) well the guy that you got the part from probably messed with that. Well thats what i think but tell me if i am wrong.

yah when i ment pretty good i didn't mean pro.. lol i know some things here and there but when i'm told to do things i'm not dumb about them... but care to explain these bios... checking them and such

well i am not so sure as of cheaking them, but its probably through MSDOS or somthing. GOOGLE it you might find out there :D. also it may be drivers, but then again this is the cpu we are talking about wright?

oh no no no. To be honest, i have no idea what you are talking about. But 1700+ can be modded to run at speeds of a barton.

no, ive heard of it. I use it all the time. But BIOS through MSDOS? No idea where you got that from.

Back
Top Bottom