e-mail charge

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
I read an article a couple of days ago saying that bill gates was in conjunction with two major companies to setup ways to charge for e-mail usa would be 1 cent per e-mail and uk 0.5p per e-mail.you can still send free e-mail but the paid for ones would have priority and the free ones could take 3-5 days to arrive.
Has anyone else heard or read about this anywhere!

i hope it is all i can see this doing is putting a lot of buisnesses out of buisness but knowing bill gates at sounds plausable

I can't see that anyone would use it, they would just go to another free provider if the did start it up

Well yea. I mean personnally i'd most likely just pay the .01 maybe they'd make it like a pre-pay too. I don't send out many e-mails so it wouldn't really affect me all that much. BUt other wise its stilll BS. But if I had to i'd pay .03 or so a day to send me 3 e-mails which is really odd for me to even send 3 e-mails. I comunciate in differnet ways like in game messaging, and stuff like that.

there is no way that they would do that i mean some normal mail arrives faster than 3 days! Personly i wouldn't pay for it. Anyway even if they did i am sure that servers would start up free mail.

Yea thats right i'd pay it since I don't send out e-mails and it'd be easier just to stick with my curren tservice.

Back
Top Bottom