wut kind of...

Okay Quinton, Alvino is right, i was the one who convinced Alvino to buy an AMD. I was the one who recommended some other people to buy an AMD. But to be honest, ive tried both cpus from both companies, maybe not the same generation, but ive tried both. To be honest, i like my AMD a lot better, but Intel seems to be more responsive. Thats just my $0.02.

At least someone agrees with me! :D

Well, I would like to say this.

My Intel Pent 630; 3.0ghz. It competes with the Amd Athlon 3000+ correct? Well, all I have to say is that, mine runs SO much better then my friends... So much!

ownage said:
Okay Quinton, Alvino is right, i was the one who convinced Alvino to buy an AMD. I was the one who recommended some other people to buy an AMD. But to be honest, ive tried both cpus from both companies, maybe not the same generation, but ive tried both. To be honest, i like my AMD a lot better, but Intel seems to be more responsive. Thats just my $0.02.

For the most part, Intel has been playing catch up with AMD for awhile now. Their Conroe isn't even predicted to surpass any of AMD's top processors. It was only designed to keep up.

And by the way, Intel and AMD measure their TDPs differently from each other. Intel measures with ratios while AMD measures with max-throughput.

The TDP on the FX 62 is high, I will give you that. You'd enlightened me quite well... However, upon further reading, I discovered that the TDP is only the "total" TDP of both cores... Not only that, but that is the max TDP and not the ratio TDP. So, that's 62 watts per core... MAX. Intel measures their TDP by only one core and not both of them combined.

So, in conclusion, AMD is still cooler.... And you hate their guts....

okay, do you know me? NO. So dont go around accusing me that i hate AMD. I dont so you shut the f*** up. This is starting to irritate me. If it isnt so hard, may i request a link to how AMD and Intel measure their TDP ratings? I know Intel has been catching up, and i know that they goofed with their prescotts. But do they still own a HUGE majority of the market? YES.

ownage said:
okay, do you know me? NO. So dont go around accusing me that i hate AMD. I dont so you shut the f*** up. This is starting to irritate me. If it isnt so hard, may i request a link to how AMD and Intel measure their TDP ratings? I know Intel has been catching up, and i know that they goofed with their prescotts. But do they still own a HUGE majority of the market? YES.

Wanna know why they own a big chunk of the market?

1) They sell the processors for much much more than their real value price:
Intel has been doing this for years... However, AMD has been selling more processors than Intel... I bet you didn't know that, did you?

2) Intel and Dell. Dell is one of the top computer manufacturers available:
Dell sells nothing but Intel PCs. However, as of late, Dell has been leaning toward AMD support.

3) Intel has very monopolistic methods:
They offer huge marketing incentives and bully people who don't support Intel. AMD is in the lawsuit with Intel because of it.

Speaking of lawsuit, how is that going? Any press release on it? :confused: I heard about it like 3 months ago, I didn't know it was still going on.

Quinton McLeod said:
Wanna know why they own a big chunk of the market?

1) They sell the processors for much much more than their real value price:
Intel has been doing this for years... However, AMD has been selling more processors than Intel... I bet you didn't know that, did you?

2) Intel and Dell. Dell is one of the top computer manufacturers available:
Dell sells nothing but Intel PCs. However, as of late, Dell has been leaning toward AMD support.

3) Intel has very monopolistic methods:
They offer huge marketing incentives and bully people who don't support Intel. AMD is in the lawsuit with Intel because of it.

1. AMD has only out sold Intel in processors as of late last year. Thats it.
2. Dell has a contract with Intel. Go figure.
3. What exactly did happen with that lawsuit? Care to update?
4. Dont say that i hate AMD, cuz i dont. You dont know me. You cant say what i like and dislike.

Back
Top Bottom