how much will VISTA cost?

lhuser said:
I will NOT go 64-bit.so therefore, as soon as Windows Vista goes on, I will either go with the Server ED of it or Windows Server 2003
why will you not go 64?

recon 16 said:
I'll email microsoft...
here is my message to MS

me said:
Dear Sir/Mam,
I am a member of the community http://www.computerforums.org, which is a network of computer users that share knowledge and information about various topics in the industry. One discussion we have been having in the past few months is the fact that Windows Vista that Vista only has 64-bit, I personally have a 64-bit machine but many of the users do not. Will Microsoft offer a 64-bit and a 32-bit version? Also, will Microsoft have two versions of Vista, such as Professional and Home Edition? Finally, what is the estimated cost as of now?

Thank you for your time and efforts,
Paul Blake

Maybe because a new 64-bit Operating System might be a little buggy at first? Who knows. 32-bit OS's are still good, but a 64-bit edition would make everything much better. All your applications will run faster, plus, you'll finally be able to utilize that 64-bit CPU! :)

Also, why are you calling Microsoft? :confused:

[EDIT] Nevermind. I read it. Looks very professional. Nice letter. Definetly worthy of a rep point. :)

1337DuD3 said:
Maybe because a new 64-bit Operating System might be a little buggy at first? Who knows. 32-bit OS's are still good, but a 64-bit edition would make everything much better. All your applications will run faster, plus, you'll finally be able to utilize that 64-bit CPU! :)

Also, why are you calling Microsoft? :confused:

[EDIT] Nevermind. I read it. Looks very professional. Nice letter. Definetly worthy of a rep point. :)
thanks!!! ive never got any rep...but hey good letter for a 14 year old eh?

recon 16 said:
why will you not go 64?

I have set myself a goal: Do not go for a 64-bit system whatsoever. I call it a passage to 32-bit to the first 128-bit CPU series

lhuser said:
I have set myself a goal: Do not go for a 64-bit system whatsoever. I call it a passage to 32-bit to the first 128-bit CPU series
Hahah, I'll probably be doing that also. Who knows what will come out in the next 5 years or less.

remember that 64-bit is only a set of instructions. 128-bit is probably only going to be a set of instructions. The transition from 64-bit to 128-bit is going to be a rough one. Just like 32-bit to 64-bit. 128-bit wont be out for long time, just like 32-bit lasted quite a while. I would go 64-bit right now if the AM2 is going to come out any sooner or Conroe. I dislike waiting. But if you dont want to be left in the dust, i would go 64-bit.

If it isnt 100 bucks for the standard edition, a million people are going to dl it. If it is 100, only 200,000 people will download it.

Back
Top Bottom