What the heck is wrong with my computer?

b182tm

In Runtime
Hey guys. I just got a new mobo and CPU a few weeks ago, after I fried my old CPU, and have had some problems. Every once in a while, when I turn my computer on, everything turns on, except the monitor. The screen is blank. I turn it off, and back on, and my comp. works fine, stays on forever. So today I downloaded this program to see what might be the matter, it is called FreshDiagnose, and after a few minutes my screen went blank, but the comp. stayed on. I unplugged the monitor from the back, it said no signal, plugged it back in, still didnt work. So I had to shut down my computer with the front power button. Turned it back on, worked fine. Opened the same program, after a few minutes, same thing happened. Shut down computer, turned it back on, worked fine. Did it one more time, this time with music running to see if everything shut down, and the screen went blank, but the music kept playing fine. So now I have been running the computer for hours straight, and it hasnt shut down, it only happens in that program, and occasionally when I turn on the computer. I have run 3DMark05, ran it fine, no problems. Another thing to think about: Brand new mobo and CPU, tested RAM with MemTest86, 0 errors. PSU is just a few months old. And Hard drive works fine. So I guess its down to my Video card? I'm thinking that or PSU, or possibly a faulty mobo (doubtful though). So any help would be great as to what the problem is. Sorry for such a long post, hopefully someone reads all this. THANK YOU!!!

Derek

Re: What the hell is wrong with my computer?

Well, to start off, the most important thing: what PSU do you have.

Conspirate said:
Well, to start off, the most important thing: what PSU do you have.

exactly! sounds like power issues

I have an Ultra X-Connect 500 Watt. Its about 34 amps on the 12V rail. The weird thing is, I dont get how it could fail after 6 months. It has always worked great before. http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=37&pPath=157&productID=159. I have heard somewhere else it could be PSU, I just dont understand! Why would it shut down in that program? Maybe it uses a lot of power to check all the hardware? And by the way, thanks a ton for the help guys, I didnt think anyone would read all my rubbish.

Derek

Ok, I will probably RMA my video card. Could it possibly be the PSU as well?

THanks a lot,
Derek

I have an Ultra X-Connect 500 Watt. Its about 34 amps on the 12V rail. The weird thing is, I dont get how it could fail after 6 months. It has always worked great before. http://www.ultraproducts.com/produc...7&productID=159. I have heard somewhere else it could be PSU, I just dont understand! Why would it shut down in that program? Maybe it uses a lot of power to check all the hardware? And by the way, thanks a ton for the help guys, I didnt think anyone would read all my rubbish.

Derek

i have that same psu..no problems had my comp for like 6 moths also

So is the general consensus saying video card? Or some other unexplainable thing? Could it be a bad file or something? Cuz I agree, the PSU is good, and it had no reason to go out.

Back
Top Bottom