I just sent an e-mail to NVIDIA!!!

alvino said:
Yeah, the next-gen CryEngine is amazing. :D Not like it matters now anyways...I heard DirectX 10 only works with Windows Vista. :(
Yes, your correct. But thats the beauty of a summer job and being a teen, hopfully i can get vista in 1 pay check (200$)

That's Crytek for you. Far Cry, for how it looked and how it played on outdated components, was pretty amazing. And I can't wait for more beautiful tropical landscapes!

I think it is great that you mentioned CF.org in your e-mail, nice thinking. ;)

Yuppers. If we can get this place mentioned and have a professional person from NVIDIA view it, I think it would get us a lot of attention. Although, I think that this place needs a recheck at what it does. Definetly need harsher punishments. But that's for a different thread at a different time. I'll check my e-mail tomorrow at school, because that's the account I sent it from, and I'll see if I get a reply. If so, I'll post it here and let you guys know what he says.

But back to the 7900. Do you guys think it will come out in March as many places are predicting? I think it will come out in mid-March. Hopefully soon though! :D

I don't know... I'm expecting more of an early Spring release...

And I agree with the first part. But, as you said, that doesn't belong here.

allenn812 said:
Yes, your correct. But thats the beauty of a summer job and being a teen, hopfully i can get vista in 1 pay check (200$)

Haha, I can probably get the Ultimate Edition for free. :D

Well alvino, you know you should hook it up for us!

About Vista though. We used a Beta version of it in Net Tech, and oh my, the slowness of it! Get this. Solitaire, well, it uses 48MB of memory. Now, why inthe world should Solitaire use 48,000KB of memory? Like I said before, Vista seems to be more of a resource hog then anythign else. :rolleyes:

But, back onto topic! :D

I'll report back to you guys if I've gotten a response or not from NVIDIA. :D

Nvidia employees are entitled to a contract saying they cant talk about next gen chips in detail. Only sentences like "It will surpass the highest end card out now" But there are some people that break this conctract and spill the release and such, but the company usually announces a launch date, like Q2 for the 7900GTX.

There is something called the NDA by which they are bound to not release any specific things about it. They can say general things like the approx. launch time or their own estimate on it's postition against ATI's best card etc etc.

Good luck on the reply.

As for Shader Model 4, it'll offer a range of improvements; not all known:

1) Unification of Shaders - just like whats happened with the Xbox, all Vertex and Pixel shaders are brought into one.

2) A new shader called Geometry Shaders: This will allow for new vertices like B-Splines and subdivision surfaces enabling for the first time, curved sufcaes without the use of polygons to be created, with less workload I'd imagine.

3) Full Resource Virtualisation: banish limits such as video RAM size and maximum shader lengths completlely.
The graphics card will be able to see its entire memory space, and request chunks of it when needed. Only nescessary parts of textures are then loaded, instead of having the entire texture loaded which could be 2048, etc in size.

Thats just the stuff I've heard about. There may be more!

THE VIDEO:

That videos amazing!!! :eek: Especaily that tree bit. That impressed me the most. The way he went through it and none of the leaves entered his body!!!
I wonder if the XBox 360 is capable of some of that... :p

Thats just amazing though... :D

Back
Top Bottom