Computer Case Fan question

The bottom fan slot in the side should probably have air blowing in, the top blowing out, the back blowing out, and the front blowing in. That's the best arrangement I can get from that.

Well for sure the fan at the front is defintly intake...and the one all the way in the back is going to be out....so the front bing nice cold air in...and the back will get rid of the warm air...as for the sides im not really sure...Jamxx is right...the top side should blow out since thats almost where the processor is so heat will go out from there...and the bottom from intake..try to get a 120mm fan in the front for intake it helps..

ok. How come the side panels should be different, and why did u chose the bottom sucking in and top sucking out?

The bottom of the motherboard is where the chipset lies. I have that same video card and my motherboard is laid out the same way, and you'll want air blowing on your motherboard because that video card spouts out hot air right onto your chipset. The top one, you're pulling air away from your CPU, which already has cooling. The only thing you aren't getting is RAM and that doesn't really need extra cooling, and since you have heat spreaders you should be fine.

Wouldnt you want the top one blowing in cuz its right above the cpu. So it would be blowing in cold air for the cpu fan to suck in. And the bottom should be blowing in so the vid card sucks in that cold air. That is what I think...

That'd be optimal. But you don't want 3 intakes and one outtake. They need to be pretty balanced. In my case, I have a 120mm fan in the front, 120mm in the back, and 80mm in the side. Then all the internal fans. I'd like to have a little more outtake really but my case won't allow it. Oh, and I forgot, my PSU serves as an outtake as well right above the CPU.

yea my psu serves as an outtake as u can probably see from the pics. What is your 80mm side one? Is it sucking it or out?

So if you do it my way that would be pretty even, 3 sucking in, 2 side panel and front. Then 2 sucking out, psu and back fan. Front and back will be 120mm and side panel would be 80mm. How about that

Back
Top Bottom