Computer Case Fan question

jnthn205

Baseband Member
Ok I have been thinking about Case fans...I know your supposed to have it so the fan, fans the hot air out of the computer. But then i was thinking, what if you installed the fan backwards and had it sucking in COLD air. Which would be better?

Well you always want intake and out take fans...So if one fan is in backwards no big deal...but if you have a good amount of intake and good amount of out its all ok and should do fine..but if you all have out take then you wont get cold in ....and if its all intake it wont let hot get out...try balance it out

ok ok. What if i take pics of my comp, and pics of where it sits, could yall help me decide where my intake fans and my outtake fans should be?

because i have a side panel that is gonna have 2 fans on it. One fan in the front and one fan in the back... I know the front will be sucking in and the back will be sucking out but what about the side panel fans.

I'd have the side panel fans both goingthe same way, and thinking about your setup how you've explained, I'd set them to outtake

once my camera is charged, ill have pics of the inside and stuff, like where the comp sits and everything. so it will be a minute

I have one in the front, taking air in, one on the side taking air in, one on the top blowing out, one on the back blowing out. That's all my case fans. Plus my cpu fan, mobo fan, and graphics card fan, 7 fans total, it sounds like a tornado.

haha. like a tornado. I dont have a fan on top. I have 2 side panel...one in front, one in back. Then the psu is also blowing air out in the back sooo yea..

I'd have the front pulling in, the sides pulling in, and the one in the back out. However, you probably need to put another one in the back, or have the fan not blowing on the chipset on your side panel pulling air out.

Ok here are pics of my case and stuff... Maybe this will help to decide what the side panel fans should be.

picture3eq.jpg

Is that a tight fit?

Here are pics of the fan spots..

picture0016sy.jpg

picture0027ge.jpg

picture0037jy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom