router problem need help

slick user

Baseband Member
hey guys i got this linksys router that i hooked up over a year ago at my old house but when i moved the router will not work with one of my computers no more i had to take everything off the computer that wont work with the internet because my mom forgot the password so yea could that be the problem or is it something else please comment.......

First, this post belongs in the Networking/DNS forum. Just an FYI...
Your mom forgot the password to the router? Or the computer?
Are you getting a valid IP address on the PC in question? Is it setup DHCP or Static? I don't think taking anything off the PC would affect it- unless it's a firewall issue with your computer. Also, check the cable with another PC, and see if it connects, to rule out a bad cable. I'll explain more when you post back.

If you fogot the p/w to the router, then reset the thing by presing in the little button underneath it. then the defult password and user should be admin, admin. or just the user admin. It should tell you in the usermanule ether on a cd or on router or in the book.

Who is your internet servise provider (ISP)?

Phone them up ad ask for your user and password to the net. and the other info also. Then set the router back up. ill run though with you that if you wish ok.

Back
Top Bottom