Did I get ripped off??

I think it sounds fine, although I had a HP before I built my first computer it ran fine and everything but I just really wanted to build my own. It was a lot of fun and if you really want to build your own I would suggest that though. Not sure if you can really build too much of a better computer for $700 though.

The Power said:
I recently got a new computer and I am considering returning it. It is an HP. I got it because I thought it seemed like a good deal and my mom gets discounts from Dell/HP/other computer brands.
I got all of this for about 700-750
AMD 3200
1GB RAM
ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 onboard
140gb HDD 5200rpm
TV tuner
Windows media center operating system
2.1 speakers

I want to return it because I am really anxious to build a computer. I never have built one before. And I feel that I did not get my full moneys worth.

Should I return?

I could build a better system for under $700, I highly suggest you return that rip-off of a pc and build your own.

that pc SUCKS for that price, we could build u a much better one than that if u want just say the word and a 5200rpm hard drive...common who uses those anymore (except in laptops and for extra storage)

What the hell did you mean by that?? That 5200 rpm thing you said confused me.

Anyway, I asked my dad if I could return it. He said no. O well :( I am just gonna upgrade it. Birthday soon!

I also got this not thinking it was a rip off because at that time when I ordered it, I did not know that even if u have a big hard drive, it wont matter because it is slow. I didn't know about sockets and stuff. Made a mistake :( O well, at least I got a computer, I should be grateful.

You know, hehe, I find with myself that if I buy something, and people tell me its awful, I tend to start to think that too. Weird I know, so If you didn't send that system back now, if your anything like me, you'll regret it after :p

The Power said:
What the hell did you mean by that?? That 5200 rpm thing you said confused me.

5200 RPM, the speed of the hard drive..
in this day and age... 5200 is a snail.

I have a 3 year old seagate hard drive that runs at 7200, and a crappy old maxtor that runs at 5200, the speed difference is night and day. (and on a side note, I got to use a PC with a 15,000 RPM hard drive a few days ago...THUNDER BOLT!)

Back
Top Bottom