Why do they make it like that

G35x

Golden Master
Wats the point of the fancy heat sinks on the video cards...When u install it ..it goes in upside down so u never see it again. Why can they just siwth it around so that the heatsink stays on top would be so much better..no?

I've always wondered that, who knows, I'm sure there's a reason, it cools better or something, but then you do wonder why they make them look so pretty, good point Dev0115, hmmmmmm.

I agree, if it looks good you'll be more then likely to buy it. Turst me it works well.

Yeah makes me soo mad u buy it for like 200+ and then you cant even see it ..

Yeah, but you don't really pay that much for the heatsink on the cards :p They do there purpose and thats all that matters.

As for the, being side down, I'm not sure why this is, but it might be because of the processor, as on my system at least, if it was pointing up, it'd be facing the CPU heatsink, and might cause heat problems. At least if its facing down, the heat can be sent out by the lower exaust fan, which is probably how alot of systems are set up, which is why they decide to use this.

I dont think its due to a heating problem, because macs (g5) has the mobo on the opposite side there for the video card is actually staying front side up..Rite?

Mac's though, and there components are designed for Mac, so cooling, etc is controlled. Meaning that the components can be made that way and won't cause a problem.

For PC's however, the design isn't that simple as alot of people will have different setups to other people. So they must have to go with the one thats better to be used, which must be face down on most peoples specs.

yeah i see what you mean, but i would still love to see that nice heat sink front side up..

Back
Top Bottom