Is it ethical?

Well of course its unethical. You've given them back a scratched CD, suggesting to them, that you can't look after their copies of disk.

Usually though, don't blockbuster watermark the disks to know that its theirs?

Anyhow though, it would have been alot better if you'd have paid a very small amount most likely to have them fix your disk. It might have been more worth while, since now, they'll know you can't look after the disk.

I'm sure if you asked nicely, they would do.

Plus, do note that even if they can fix the disk, it they find its you thats caused the damage (in our shops, they usually check while you're there) they can still charge you for a new copy for causing the damage in the first place.

Paradox said:
Recently my Xbox 360 scratched my call of duty cd. I am given the problem of a faulty cd, no warranty, and no money to buy a spare. So while at blockbuster I see that they have Call of Duty in stock. $7 vs $60 replacement..

I rent it, and Give them my scratched copy. Is this ethical? Given that they get them at a large discount, have swindled $43 in late charges from me on this one movie that wasn't even that good, have the tool to fix scratches, and are a large corporation that won't be greatly affected?

Just wondering your views.

Also, this post was brought to you from a dell axim x51v over a wireless 2.14 ghz network from across the house to my new linksys router. Bow at my glory
Guess what?, this once, I agree with you,.....hope that wasn't too much of a surprise, lol!
Blockbusters in my area are also far too sharp with late charges, & I've heard the films & games cost them just a few pence/cents each.

Hang on hold the phone

How the hell did you get away with that :eek:

Thats VERY werid if someone over here tryed that it just wouldnt work

1. They arent dumb, the put codes onto the disc and the booklet it comes with aswell as the cover and its got the code/numbers on there and the place on there i dont understand how you could do that! Maybe its diffrent but yeah...werid

And

2.No not right not ethical at all it brakes law and the copywrite on it(postive about that just need to read all the small print

Ive done the same and would maybe do so again it all deppends,
I did it to target over here because there _________Beep and they just suck plus they stuffed up by giving me another ps2 game and didnt know i had one, plus they are rude and etc etc anyways i know i would do it to target again if i even go there again which maybe not but a video hire store...not sure good points tho! But still does not make it right they are a biz' trying to make there way though life just as you are, think of the emolyees too, everything is money...

Yeah, I thought they used codes too on everything. Thats why I was a bit confused. Over here they'd check everything before letting you go.

I'd do it, anyway. Even if you accidentally switched them and they found out, you could just tell them that your old disc was scratched and you had almost beaten the game and decided just to rent it to beat it. Then, hit up another BlockBuster :D.

Heh, i'd do it. My friend did it, He has a 75 dollar block on his name, can't use it until he pays for everything.

Why can't you copy the blockbuster one (on pc I assume?) which is ethical because you already have an original license.

Blockbuster have you credit card on file when you joined up, someone will complain and they will bill you.

geek_gal said:
Hang on hold the phone

How the hell did you get away with that :eek:

Thats VERY werid if someone over here tryed that it just wouldnt work

1. They arent dumb, the put codes onto the disc and the booklet it comes with aswell as the cover and its got the code/numbers on there and the place on there i dont understand how you could do that! Maybe its diffrent but yeah...werid

And

2.No not right not ethical at all it brakes law and the copywrite on it(postive about that just need to read all the small print

Ive done the same and would maybe do so again it all deppends,
I did it to target over here because there _________Beep and they just suck plus they stuffed up by giving me another ps2 game and didnt know i had one, plus they are rude and etc etc anyways i know i would do it to target again if i even go there again which maybe not but a video hire store...not sure good points tho! But still does not make it right they are a biz' trying to make there way though life just as you are, think of the emolyees too, everything is money...

ya when i did it there was a code on the disc but it was just written in a marker so i carefully copied it onto the other one and returned it! :D

Paradox said:
Recently my Xbox 360 scratched my call of duty cd. I am given the problem of a faulty cd, no warranty, and no money to buy a spare. So while at blockbuster I see that they have Call of Duty in stock. $7 vs $60 replacement..

I rent it, and Give them my scratched copy. Is this ethical? Given that they get them at a large discount, have swindled $43 in late charges from me on this one movie that wasn't even that good, have the tool to fix scratches, and are a large corporation that won't be greatly affected?

Just wondering your views.

Also, this post was brought to you from a dell axim x51v over a wireless 2.14 ghz network from across the house to my new linksys router. Bow at my glory

Ahh man I can imagine you chuckling like you did over the mic when we talked on xfire. You sneaky bastard! :p :D :D Well next time I rent a game that's what I'm doing!

cileskot said:
ya when i did it there was a code on the disc but it was just written in a marker so i carefully copied it onto the other one and returned it! :D
Watch yourself saying this kind of thing on open forum, be warned, action could be taken, any argument, a short time offline. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom