Did I get ripped off??

The Power

Daemon Poster
I recently got a new computer and I am considering returning it. It is an HP. I got it because I thought it seemed like a good deal and my mom gets discounts from Dell/HP/other computer brands.
I got all of this for about 700-750
AMD 3200
1GB RAM
ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 onboard
140gb HDD 5200rpm
TV tuner
Windows media center operating system
2.1 speakers

I want to return it because I am really anxious to build a computer. I never have built one before. And I feel that I did not get my full moneys worth.

Should I return?

Depends... I wouldn't if it has a PCI-Express slot, but if it doesn't, I would. That "video card" is terrible! My laptop has that... Well, actually, it isn't AWFUL, but it is pretty bad.

It does have a pci-express slot. I checked, I want to upgrade to an ATI XPRESS 1300 PRO. I am getting into pc gaming but this onboard card is stopping me. I play CS on this card and personally dont think it is that bad. I also dont have a gaming monitor but I probably won't see a difference. What scares me about upgrading is that in Source, I disconnect from servers a lot, mainly because of my wireless connection, and I fear this will happen even on other games.

I did not get this computer with gaming in mind, but now that the 360 does not interest me as much as it uesd to, I am leaning towards pc gaming. The 360 games that interest me are going on the PC but its just that connection problem that scares me :mad:

i would build ur own ...Do u know the type of ram...the timings ect...one reason why u should return it and build your own ..u know wats going into it..

My RAM is made by Micron technologies. I havent seen that brand on Newegg. A reason why I should build is to get my monies worth and have a gaming pc.

Well is that processor socket 754 or socket 939? If its 939 then yeah thats a pretty good deal although that hard drive is pretty weak.

Back
Top Bottom