why are ipods so popular?

ipod is too damn popular. for example, when you go to some websites under the mp3 players section, there will be 2 categories: ipod, and other mp3 players. i mean what is so great about it. also, at my local circuit city there is a rack proabbly 30 feet long, 4 feet high, completely full of ipod accessories! what the hell.

Yeah, it is overrated.

Dixons are one company that say MP3 Players and Apple I-Pod. It really sucks.

People and I'm sorry to say this, are losing thread on what an MP3 player is all about. Sound. And thats true.

I'd be a fan of Apple to be honest, if they had a better battery life (removable batteries for one thing) and had most of all, a better sound system (which is poor by todays standards)

If they did that, all would be well, but I doubt that they will...

cileskot said:
ipod is too damn popular. for example, when you go to some websites under the mp3 players section, there will be 2 categories: ipod, and other mp3 players. i mean what is so great about it. also, at my local circuit city there is a rack proabbly 30 feet long, 4 feet high, completely full of ipod accessories! what the hell.

and you need to buy every goddam one of those accesories to make the iPod do everything you want it to :p

root said:
yes... but the reason that Ipods are so popular is that they were there first...
they have an attached store.
there are several Ipod versions
original (gen 1 - 4)
nano,
shuffle
video

and a ton of acessories...
AND people so about making car radios and such that are listed as IPOD compatible..

to answer the original question, Ipods are so popular because Apple have better marketing people than creative do...

Wrong! Creative was the first company to produce the hard drive based MP3 player. Apple just made it look nicer. Yes, iPods do have some nice variants and accessories, but face it...it's technical specs just don't match Creative's. If people would actually RESEARCH before they buy, Creative is actually way better.

finally someone who agrees with me. who wants 20000 songs around with them at one time? who wants a plain boring square mp3 player? i would rather buy a cheap 1gb mp3 usb stick which is what i have and does the job perfectly or if they want 20000 then why not get a creative zen or something that looks decent

Apple markted it and did it well. I have never own a ipod nor would I want too. I got a 69euro MP3 player works just as well as a IPod and sounds better even though its only 512 MB but its smaller, and I can fit in my shorts when I work out and stuff.

I'm one of the people that couldn't take only a bit of my collecton. I like the fact I can fit all my collection on a big HD player. I couldn't just select a few songs and place them on. I can't work like that :p

i totally agree with nik00117. i can easily select a few songs, i only have 100 on my pc and my mp3 player can hold 320 which is perfect

Back
Top Bottom