Need opinion on my overclock and temperatures...

TRDCorolla said:
I would say get other programs to see what the temps are then. I have Everest Ultimate Edition and it tells me the temps of everything right in my system tray. Correlate that with whatever software you have and what your BIOS reads out. They got to be around the same. If the BIOS is truly way off base when your two or three other software reads out about the same temp, then it's time to flash it and see if that helps.

Also a good test is to actually feel the heatsink, literally. Touch it on the sides and see if it's like burning hot to the touch. If it is, you could be in trouble. If it's just warm, then you're all right.

Haha, well have I got a story...

I opened my case to do that, touched the sides and its actally cold, not warm, completly cold. Its a big heatsink with a really powerful ThermalTake fan. Anyway, i touched it, and it was fine, turned away for 2 mins, turned back and I saw this glow of red at the bottom of the heatsink, well I nearly died, i paniced, switched the pc off. As soon as I switched it off this glow just went, instantly, so Im like what the hell? Did the same over and over, kept glowing red, and would go straight away, lmao, so I found out it was from a little LED on a fan..the red LED...lol!!! I nearly died though.

Yeah but right at the bottom the heatsink is cold, and i stuffed a temperature reader down there and its showing 41 degrees, so its cool enough. I thought all of you could do overclocks like this?

joxley1990 said:

I opened my case to do that, touched the sides and its actally cold, not warm, completly cold. Its a big heatsink with a really powerful ThermalTake fan. Anyway, i touched it, and it was fine, turned away for 2 mins, turned back and I saw this glow of red at the bottom of the heatsink, well I nearly died, i paniced, switched the pc off. As soon as I switched it off this glow just went, instantly, so Im like what the hell? Did the same over and over, kept glowing red, and would go straight away, lmao, so I found out it was from a little LED on a fan..the red LED...lol!!! I nearly died though.

Yeah but right at the bottom the heatsink is cold, and i stuffed a temperature reader down there and its showing 41 degrees, so its cool enough. I thought all of you could do overclocks like this?

HAHAHA! I almost wet myself when I read that! That is hilarious!

Thankyou everybody, apparently, ive done good :D

Lol, glad you found it funny that I s*** myself Jamxx!!

joxley1990 said:

If your heatsink is cold, that means your TMI isnt doing what its supposed to do. I would reseat your heatink. What TT fan do you have? TT's fan ratings are often wayy off.

Well, I read that, reset the heatsink, and still the same, you can feel a little warmth right at the very bottom, but thats kl. What is TMI?

Back
Top Bottom