Is it ethical?

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Recently my Xbox 360 scratched my call of duty cd. I am given the problem of a faulty cd, no warranty, and no money to buy a spare. So while at blockbuster I see that they have Call of Duty in stock. $7 vs $60 replacement..

I rent it, and Give them my scratched copy. Is this ethical? Given that they get them at a large discount, have swindled $43 in late charges from me on this one movie that wasn't even that good, have the tool to fix scratches, and are a large corporation that won't be greatly affected?

Just wondering your views.

Also, this post was brought to you from a dell axim x51v over a wireless 2.14 ghz network from across the house to my new linksys router. Bow at my glory

it's nopt ethical.. but I'd do it if it were me...

they do have the profesional machine to remove scratches like that...

the other alternative is to go into the store and enquire about the scratch removing machine, and ask nicely if they'd just fix your CD for you.

ya dude i used to do that a lot when i played console games a lot.... i felt kinda bad, but you have to think; is a big a company as blockbusterreally going to be affected?

cileskot said:
ya dude i used to do that a lot when i played console games a lot.... i felt kinda bad, but you have to think; is a big a company as blockbusterreally going to be affected?

While that is a valid point to an extent, but just imagine how many more people do the same thing as well; it all adds up. But yeah, as Root I'd do the same anyway.

Yeah i've done it a time or two. I know a guy that did it with a PS2. That's un ethical.

P.S... It wasn't me

No it's not ethical, and no, blockbuster don't get them at discount, they have to pay a lot more for them, because they are making money from their rentals.

It was your xbox that scratched the disc, why didn't you ring Microsoft up and get a replacement?

Did you scratch it by moving the 360 horizontal or vertically?? If so, then it is completely your fault.

They may check it out when the scratch is discovered. Your card may get nuked for the cost of the cd at retail.

Back
Top Bottom