x1400 vs 7800 laptop cards

mrserv0n

Baseband Member
I am looking into the new Dell E series notebooks, the 15.4" offers the X1400 256MB radeon graphics card as its highest option.

The 17" model offers the Nvdia 7800 Graphics card as its highest option.

All I do is play games so I want the one that will do the best job for that. I know the 7800 is a great card for a laptop but have no knowledge of the x1400. I would rather have the 15.4 screen but i will pay the extra money for the 17" if the 7800 is the better card of the two. thanks for the help.

I don't know, a 17" screen would get really obtrusive to me, but you just have to have the details on high, then get the 7800. Personally, I'd go with the X1400...

7800 beats the x1400 in every category. and i dont know about you guys but i like a big laptop, maybe thats just me, more comfortable and ergonomic.

The X1400 is more for those who game casually or just use the notebook for multimedia functions that doesn't require lots of GPU power. The 7800 GTX Go is for the hardcore gamer that must have absolute power in their laptop. It really depends what you need and what those laptops come with. If you're looking for a desktop replacement, then the 7800 GTX Go definately will do. If you just need something that will game pretty decently and is light on the battery, the X1400 should be just right.

ATI is so behind nVIDIA in the mobile market now...the highest they have is the Mobility Radeon X1600 XT while nVIDIA has the GeForce 7800 GTX Go. It's time for ATI to come out with something like the X1800 or X1900. :D

Back
Top Bottom