DVD-R vs. DVD+R

We just had the exact same thread like this like yesterday:

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=32247

DVD-R is most compatible with all hardware while the DVD+R is designed to be used on newer DVD devices (like DVD players built 3 years ago or something). I believe DVD+R support Dual Layer so it burns on both sides of the disc while the DVD-R doesn't. Only marked DVD+R with the DL on it can burn both sides.

Re: Dvd-R vs Dvd+R

You just wait until one of the new formats completely gets rid of DVD...

It'll be a while before DVD is completely phased out. The DVD has been integrated too deeply for Blu-Ray or HD-DVD to completely take it over. Neither of the new formats are very consumer friendly. Blu-Ray movies are supposed to increase in price by 20% and HD-DVD players, while being the most consumer friendly of the whole bunch, are expected to sell for about $800-$900.

Yeah, but prices will soon drop as production starts. They'll both, (even Blu-Ray) drop to standard DVD player sort of prices in about 2-3 years.

I'm more supported over Blu-ray if they get the protection of the disks sorted out.
I've heard they are taking off the protective cover though, so I'm less happy about that. Having a protective casing like Mini-Disk would help these disks alot! Though that would cost more, but the actual CD's would last longer, with NO scratches!!!

50GB though for Dual Layer would be alot more supported by me than only 15GB on HD-DVD is it? I could fit my entire drive on one Blu-Ray disk for backup!

Back
Top Bottom