Need opinion on my overclock and temperatures...

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok so I`just OC'd my P4 from 2.66Ghz to 3.00Ghz, and the temps idle are about 46 degress, Is this ok, and Im a bit in the mist about the voltage of everything...what does this mean...someone please explain

Voltage gives the CPU the extra boost to keep him mre stable...I think

Idle at 46C is what I'd like to see on my CPU

that temp does not seem to bad for the amount of overclock but lowering the vcpu voltage core will bring the temp down a bit but be carefull just a bit at a time

That looks pretty good. Yeah, by increasing voltage to your CPU, more current is flowing through allowing higher frequency's to occur. More current=higher frequency which means higher OC.

Ok thanks guys, update: now on 3.10Ghz, and at idle 45.5, dont know how to test the load though, shall i just multitask...so..sorry, should i lower voltage or higher it?

Righty ho, im at 3.20Ghz, idle at 47.5, I need to know how I can test it on load though, what can I do to get the temps as high as they will go?

Try playing some CPU intensive games like NBA Live 06, NFSUII, FEAR, Doom 3, Quake 4, etc. Have the temp window open while playing and do a quick alt+tab if you can to see the temps. I don't know how to get the temps to show up in the game, if that is possible.

Back
Top Bottom