case fans

so, i went to get parts and they only had one switch in stock. so i grabbed it so i could put in on the noisy fans, and i'm just going to run 2 switches (once the get more in) and leave it at that. i currently have my WHOLE case ripped apart - front, sides and top off it so my friend can paint it. i'm excited to get him going on that. i'm leaving the design up to him, but i think he's doing a spider web on one side, to be determined on the other, but he's going to link them over the top with a graf piece.
well, i'll attempt to post pictures once it gets done

funny you should bring this topic up now, I just installed a potentiometer into my computer this morning. Currently running only the front fan. Works great! I am going to get another 2, one for back fans, and one for side fan (which will be slightly different in that you can change the direction of motor spin ie you can make it suck air in or push it out) little more complicated but easy enough. Just drilled holes in one of the drive bay covers and use it! My own fan controller free of charge! :D (the school is a very good resource for electronic components!)

You could blow the PSU doing all this D.I.Y'ing, just buy a cheapy asaka fan controller, I got a lil 3.25 black one, cost me £5

you cant blow a psu with a DIY 7V mod. THe 7V mod is very simple, just strip the 4 pin molex, switch two wires around (the 7V and the 12V) and put the molex back on, and bam! 7V right there. This is to be done on fans that draw more wattage than current fan controllers allow, like the Delta FFB which draws close to 30 watts.

Back
Top Bottom