Computer Randomly shuts down

I have noticed that 99% of the time it shuts down while I am typing. I am typing this now on another computer because every time I type on mine, it shuts down.
It happens when I use any key, but the backspace key nearly always shuts the computer down. Please help, I cannot use the keyboard at all.

nstepho said:
I have noticed that 99% of the time it shuts down while I am typing. I am typing this now on another computer because every time I type on mine, it shuts down.
It happens when I use any key, but the backspace key nearly always shuts the computer down. Please help, I cannot use the keyboard at all.

Considering this, I have plugged in a different keyboard, and it hasn't shut down yet. The keyboard that was messing up is one of those ones with the sleep buttons and crap, so maybe some keys got mixed up or something. So yeah I don't know why but I think it was the keyboard...
Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Just for the record, it was a "Laser" model: CG-2014
Still no problems since I replaced that keyboard.

Often those keyboards have separate drivers, so download from the manafactuer (sp?) those and see if the problem is rectified rather then trashing the keyboard immdiately.

Glad you seem to have resolved the problem though!!

Back
Top Bottom