Cooling Issue?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Okay, I have a Pent 4, 630; 3.0ghz. And I put it in stand-by on day. And came back, poped the computer awake, played some Area 51, and then the game closed me out before it saved. I was like iight, so its like that. But.. then I was just screwin around with the computer, and noticed that its clocked down to 2.78. I figure out that my hard drive is on quit mode, and I change that back to performance mode, and its back to normal right? Wrong. Because the computer had just started up it was fine. And then, started running, and it is clocked down. ITS WEIRD! It keep underclocking because its overheating. So what am i supposed to do? I dont really wanna get new cooling, but that sounds like my only choice..

Didn't you read the read-me file and booklet for Area 51 BEFORE you installed the damn thing? It's crazy that the developers can get away with that, even if they arent breaking a single law.

What are you taking about reading that stuff. No I didnt. What is going on? Im missing something, lol.

@the first poster
Its an Intel Pent 4, prescott core. So its like 65C idle, and like 72C load.

Its called Speedstep. When you cpu isnt doing anything it lowers the multiplier so save power, but it also might be thermal throttling.

Wow it was that step speed thing.
I love you man!

Jokin of course, but still, thanks alot!

Back
Top Bottom