PC Temps

torment1979

Baseband Member
Hey guys I need your suggestions on my PC, check sig below. My case is a coolermaster C5 intake 80mm exhaust 120mm all round cables good flow through case. my idle temps are high: 47-59c under load they reach 74-78c playing games like HL2, doom3 and etc... I checked my cpu fan to make sure it was still working and its fine. i need to clean the heatsink since it has dust stuck to it. I know the P4 3.E stock temp is 69c. I'm not worried about frying the cpu yet, but i want to know how can i get it back down below 55-60c under load and at least 45c-or lower at idle? I don't want to water cool this rig, so which heatsink/fan is the best to use on the setup? and should i get some ram sinks too? I plan to upgrade to the BFG 7800GS AGP very soon so i know that card will heat up good. Any coments or suggestions are welcome.

ps. mobo temps stay around 25-28c at all times no matter what the load or how long the system is running.

temp.JPG

Thanks in advance,
Bill

I have backed off my clock speeds and the temp is only a few degrees diff. thats for the suggestions, i'll look into both of them.

I've heard the installatoin with that thing is absolutely horrible. You might want to try this, I have it. I got it yesterday, put it in, and really didn't notice any temperature change (maybe like 3 degrees Celsius). This morning, right now, I'm running Prime95 with the heatsink on the silent setting, and it is running between 46-47 Celsius (only jumping to 47 every few minutes)! I left my computer on all night to get the Arctic Silver 5 to set up a little. It is working great! After a week or so I'll really be seeing the temperature drop (it takes 50-200 hours for Arctic Silver 5 to set up long enough for it to really work to its maximum potential)!

Here's a link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115

well installing which ever one u get will most likely involve taking the motherboard out to put the backplate on but i think the zalman is probably the best choice because its so quiet

Yes, I had to take my motherboard out. Well, I didn't have to, but I opted to. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN TAKING THE HEATSINK OFF OF THE CPU! See my other thread for the close call that I had! :eek: :eek:

Yeah, the Zalman is pretty quiet. I have it on silent mode (I don't need it above that, haha, it keeps it under 48 Celsius even there, and the Arctic Silver hasn't even set in yet)... It's really nice.

I've been looking at both those heatsink/fan combos. no matter what you need to take the mobo out. but i don't like how heavy the thermaltake is, i'm more worried of it causing stress on the mobo. thanks for all the info guys you always give great options.

Back
Top Bottom