Computers = Gone!

TV was invented without the computer. But I believe that the human race was meant to develop the computer and we did. Technology just lead up to it and took a whilie.

C.S. said:
hmm very intersting well i guess we jsut wouldent have hd... :)

im gonna have to go with no on that one. how would we have known how to manipulate an atom like that. that weapon would be far off from us. i mean hell i can make a nuke out of 500 lbs of tnt and like 15 lbs of uranium but how would i know how to harnes it. no computer to make all those calculations. i dont think id ever come close to makeing anything other then a dirty bomb...

*this is where cia computer hones in on me and starts watching all my bank accounts for transaction to soo if im going to make a bomb...*

U wouldn't have any way to calculate how much damage it does, or how big the area effected by the explosion or radiation would be.
But u would be able to make a powerfull weapon out of it.

I mean, the way a nuclear explosion works is simple. U just have to make a few atoms of uraniun, plutonium or some other similar substance collide, which makes them brake up, and that means that new substances are created. And since uranium etc substances used are radioactive they also emit alpha radiation when they break into smaller pieces. (not 100% sure about this, but that's something like it)

So I think that a powerfull nuclear weapon could be easily created without computers, but as I said it wouldn't be as advanced as they are now.

Life would suck with out the invention or intervention of the computer, there would be no research or at least years aopon years to do simple research on medicine.

Automobiles would be very expensive, communication would be at a crawl.it would just suck.

~mr mixx~ said:
Life would suck with out the invention or intervention of the computer, there would be no research or at least years aopon years to do simple research on medicine.

Automobiles would be very expensive, communication would be at a crawl.it would just suck.

well stated.

ummm... first (basic computer) developed 1943...
first american computer, developed 1944
first nuclear weapon detonated (I.e after years of research and without the launch or manufacturing aid of computers. 1945...

we would have nuclear weapons even without computers.
Radar was also around before computers,
so were guns
and so were chemical weapons. (including chemical /biological weapons that are still used today...).

computers havn't really advanced weapons... just advanced their use, (u.g laser guided). (which [possibly] could be done without computers anyway).

Back
Top Bottom