Connecting my PS2

maddermaxx

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, I was wondering if it is possible to connect a router to a router (basically) i have a modem connected to a wireless router connected directly to this computer via cable and i have another computer wireles.. now my question is.. can i have another router in my house by my PS2 and it will get internet?

like this..

myeap.jpg

because my playstation is in a spot where there is almost no way to connect a cable to it other than a router nearby or a cable through the attic and i would like to keep this computer hardwire.. thanks.

yea. i could.. but im 16 no job and short on cash... so if the router doesent work i am basically f***** or i could jsut get a card for here.. but bleh

yes.. double post.. but UPDATE. i got another router.. but it wont "talk" to my other one.. any suggestions?

im not sure if this is right, but i think you need a serial cabel going from router a to router b, if you dont im not sure whats wrong

yea. i dont see why it has a problem either it jsut doesent work.. could it be that there 2 different brands? (D-link and Linksys)

Its not that there two different brands, the setup you want it:
Router to the internet, with the ethernet or wireless going to 1-3 computers. Then on another ethernet port you want a cat5 cable which IS NOT a crossover.
Then as long as you have your internet setup correctly to the ps2 will be able to contact the internet. make sure that your router doesnt have a built in firewall which is on becuase it might not let the playstation 2 through.

Back
Top Bottom