Computers = Gone!

rusbo.uk said:
I think i would be......very bored! even more so than i am now!!!

Well u would find something to do.

I think that I'd get better grades at school, and spend more time infront of the TV. Probably would read more books too.

IM not sure but I think a n64 is a computer... games are basically huge sets of equations that you can control. So you would not be playing 64 or nes for that matter... we wouldn't have gone to the moon. And we would probably still have manual switchboards for phones and telegraph would still be a good 2nd alternative our cars would still get 5 mpg. If there were no computer we would not be talking ships that bring oil over would get lost in storms and probably would not be that big. We probably would have tapped into Alaska's oil reserves too. Information about species on the verge would never really get around. And well medicine would be not so great. We would not have CD players or calculators. Cell phones would be a dream. Satellite TV or communication would be impossible.

btw there would be no tv that is a computer of sorts...

i could go on if you like.

there would be TV... just not the sort of TV we have nowadays with TV guides and interactive services etc...

HRHunteRHR said:
Dude she's right. Technically the first ELECTRIC computer was made in the 40's with Alan Turring's good help. It was used to crack German U-boat codes. I did a whole 6 page essay on it. :)

No, no, no, I'm Male.

Lacey is my nickname, David Lacey = Everybody calls me 'Lacey'

And I'm sorry, but I disagree with the poster who said manpower is most important, countless battles have ended with a smaller army defeating (or at least withstanding) a much larger army. Zulu? The Alamo?

hiddjaio said:
Just think without computers there would be no nuclear weapons. Or germ warfare

And why is that?
Those kind of weapons just wouldn't be as advanced as they are now, but there most likely would be less advanced versions.

no no tv its another electronic device that functions off a computer chip... its sent a signal and it dosne the dirty deed to it. it went mechinacla computers like the german code writer/encoder to the vaccume tube to the transistor to the multi transistor then micro processor ect... so no there would be like no tv... unless we are talking film and what not may be movies with sound at best or you bet the days shows in a stack of film on your door step...

hmm very intersting well i guess we jsut wouldent have hd... :)

mammikoura said:
And why is that?
Those kind of weapons just wouldn't be as advanced as they are now, but there most likely would be less advanced versions.

im gonna have to go with no on that one. how would we have known how to manipulate an atom like that. that weapon would be far off from us. i mean hell i can make a nuke out of 500 lbs of tnt and like 15 lbs of uranium but how would i know how to harnes it. no computer to make all those calculations. i dont think id ever come close to makeing anything other then a dirty bomb...

*this is where cia computer hones in on me and starts watching all my bank accounts for transaction to soo if im going to make a bomb...*

Back
Top Bottom