help plz!!

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
ok well my pictures folder has screwed up so im trying to fix it, i can still open some of the pictures but some i cant because i uninstalled the program i was using to open them so i want to set all of them to open with windows picture and fx veiwer by default but i dont know how to do this, i know i can set each picture individually to open with that but that will take ages so does anyone know how i can just make it the default?

right click on one of the pictures, then click properties then click the change button on the same line as open with, then once you select what you want to open it with there should be a check box down below that sais open all files of type with this program check the box. That should allow you to open them all with whatever program you would like.

When you right click on the picture and go into, "Open with...", there should be a little checkmark box under the list of all programs you can use to open it up with. Click on that little box that says, "Always use this selected program for this kind of file." Do that for a JPEG, GIF, and BMP image (using the Windows Pictures and Fax Viewer program).

i did it but now they dont open at all, its acting like a program i used a while ago to lock the folder and it prevents u from opening things, could that be the problem? i'll start looking for it and see if i can download it again

i found the program and it used a "blowfish" encrytion, i tried encrypting it and decrypting the folder to see if that would fix it but i still cant open the pictures in fax veiwer and they dont display as a thumbnail when i look through them in the folder what the hell is wrong with it???

Ok, firstly, why would you want to decrypt pictures...thats just stupid..

Copy the pics to a disc and open them on another computer...what happens then?

i was just trying out the program and picked the my pictures folder at random to test it on, i'll try what u said and report back

Was it Folder Guardian ? if not i can't see why the above posts would'nt work for you. try doing the same as above only open with windows explorer. if it won't open with that then you are locked out of that program.

You said earlier that you deleted the program to encrypt the folder with, so did you delete the program or un-install it ?

First,Tell us what format the pictures are in., .gif or .psd or what? let us know it may help us solve your problem

Back
Top Bottom