Mac users are not safe after all...

Conspirate said:
I know, great work their doing over there.

Not ever using Linux, I know enough to know that it isnt compatible with any games. I would rather get viruses and have fun then not get viruses and not have fun.
im pretty sure games can be run on linux, not all of them but im pretty sure some can

gaming_freak said:
im pretty sure games can be run on linux, not all of them but im pretty sure some can

You know how much coding you need to do in order to get those few games to run?

The only one I know that can run on Linux is Unreal Tournament 2004. That's the only game that I've personally seen with that option.

And why do you need good cooling? :confused:

jac006 said:
Good luck with that... I'd rather have my important data safe that would enable me to live in my home than have fun and have to move out in the end... either that or have to start all over again.

I plan on getting two computers here soon, a cruddy old 1.7ghz celeron for a workstation, and an amd3200+ system for gaming.

it's really simple, put linux on the 1.7ghz, get a big hard drive for it, use it as your storage system for files you care about, then put WinXP on the 3200+ and use it for gaming.

if the 3200+ gets a virus, I just format and reinstall my games, no biggie. (windows systems that do nothing but play games are less prone to viruses anyway.)

I wont bend a finger towards playing games on linux, just not worth my time, i'd rather have two computers than go through that crap.

Bad compatibility is all that I don't like about linux, but as a workstation, it's god.

OO mac is getting VIRUSSESS. I read this before but I was gonna make a topic and never did. O well..

Bah. My computer is safe, that's all I know. :D ZoneAlarm Pro and Sygate Personal Firewall for my firewalls and NOD32 and Symantec Anti-Virus for virus control. Then I have Spy Sweeper, Adware Personal, Spybot Search & Destroy and Microsoft Anti-Spyware for spyware control. :D Safe and sound.

Back
Top Bottom