Yay! My new stuff! And a story!

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

I just got 2 GB OCZ Platinum RAM with 2-3-2-5 timings (which is what I'm running them at now), an OCZ Modstream 520 watt PSU, and a Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU cooler! :D I'm excited! I'm running Prime95 right now with AIM, iTunes, and Firefox open and the temperature has not gone past 46 Celsius, and the Arctic Silver 5 hasn't even set up yet!

I do have a scary story though. When I was taking out my old heatsink, the CPU came off with it... While in the locked position on the motherboard! It bent two of the pins... So, I attempted to straighten them back out. Of course, while doing this, my fingers slips and my finger goes down the ENTIRE row of pins on the far right side, bending ALL of them back. That's like 20-30 pins folks! :eek:

So I finally got them all straightened back out after like 30 minutes, and I had to push just a tad to get it to slide in. I made sure that all the pins were going where they were supposed to, then installed everything back with the new cooler and hoped everything would work...

Obviously, it did, but it gave me quite the scare! I was so afraid that it wouldn't work... I wouldn't go eat dinner until I had made sure it was going to work! :D But it works fine! I'm so happy! :D

Just thought you all would get a kick out of the story. :)

That's a beastly machine you've got there. That's pretty amazing that it works well, smooth.

Oh yes, oh yes... It is wonderful!

Of course your system absolutely kicks mine... Then again, your system kicks just about anyone's!!! :D

yea but i barely use it not enough time lol but i admit that it is fast. im trying to find some stupid digital camera batterys to replace the one i lost ;) but ther like 35 bucks then i gotta get a stupid charger.... ur system is nice too. im selling my system to my sister i think neways so i can get a semi good computer for college u know a dual core and stuff. by the way when u pulled ur heatsink off what was on it a thermal pad?

Oh yes, thermal pad. But I cleaned that sucker off with Isopropyl Alchohol and it had a nice sheen to it, and I looked at it close under the light and it appeared to be gone completely. I worked on it with a lint-free clotch for about 30 minutes.

ive been thinking about getting 2 gigs, whats it like with the page file off? did u turn it off in the options? is ur comp noticably faster?

No, how do you change the page file options? It says 1.15 GB in the Task Manager.

right click my computer - properties - advanced - performance settings - advanced tab - click change where it says virtual memory then select the box that says no paging file

Back
Top Bottom