n00b

YZdirtrider13

Solid State Member
well i need a good source for computer info and such, i am usually messing around with stuff, and the motocross forum doesnt usually provide much help :p

i really have no clue where to put this but feel free to move it...my random question:

i have qwest dsl (1.5 :rolleyes: )mb/s... when we first got i i was getting almost 300kb/s DL speeds consistently. now i only get 160 max... i just did a windows re-install (clean, wiped the partition and everything) so my question is... why isnt it as fast as when it was new? is there like a memory in the dsl box that gunks up? :confused:

i know this is a stupid Q, but im just wondering why the reinstall didnt make any difference...any way to restore that new dsl connection smell? :rolleyes:

try unpluging all of the power cords of the dsl equipment and then plugging them back in... it should clear the cache out if it has one.

thanks, ive tried that though...well i unpluged them all from the box

(it wouldnt make a difference to disconnetct them from anywhere else i cant imagine)

anyways, when my DLs start the start at over 300 kb/s... then drops down steadily untill at around 160.

and its not just IE getting ad readings cause it happens in firefox...so are those speeds real? if so is there some kind of speed limit set?

try calling the DSL company... try demanding a lower price, since you are not getting the same speed. and threaten to change company's if they dont fix your problem, or lower your price. if they lower your price, go to another company, because that meens the company stinks, and you should probally try something like earthlink

lol thanks...i might try it...

one more Q

i think they had me set up a password to acces the router IP thing...ya know, 192.168.0.1

so how do i find this out? their tech support is horrible.

Its usually just admin without a username, then you can set your own which is recommended

yeah it didnt use to have one but i called their support a while back and they must have had me set one, but i dont know what it was...any way to find out/change settings...
im sick of talking to ppl in india reading out of a book!

What brand name router is it?
And the http://192.168.0.1 ia not a password. It's the IP address of the router.
Turn the routher over and get the brand name and model. Post back...

joxley1990
I would not have him hit the reset button yet. Besides dumping any logon settings it will dump the router settings.

setishock said:
What brand name router is it?
And the http://192.168.0.1 ia not a password. It's the IP address of the router.
Turn the routher over and get the brand name and model. Post back...

joxley1990
I would not have him hit the reset button yet. Besides dumping any logon settings it will dump the router settings.

Ahhh, it doesnt do that on my router, it sets login details to default, then you can just do a factory reset in the router settings itself...I suppose all routers are different though....

Back
Top Bottom