Help with Gateway E-3200

Nimandir

Baseband Member
My grandmother got this computer for someone. They told her that it was a computer that a business got rid of when they upgraded their computers. I think the computer is looking for a hard drive used by a network. I entered the bios and there are no Primary IDE Master or Slave. The only thing it had was a Secondary IDE Master which was said "[Toshiba CD Rom XM-6602B-(sm]" I looked around to find out what kind of Motherboard it was. It has a Seagate hard drive plugged in, but I didn't manage to get it setup in the BIOS. I didn't get as much info as I would have liked, but I did get this:

Gateway E-3200

Mobo: It may be an NLX System Board. I could be wrong about what it is though.

Boot:
1. ATAPI CD-Rom Drive
2. Removable Devices
3. Hard Drive
4. Network Boot
5. MBA

When I'd turn the computer on, I'd get to something about MBA and it was looking for some kind of connection (To a Hard Drive I guess). Any ideas as to what I can do?

Make sure he hard drive is pluged into the ide master port on the mobo. If it is, then go into bios and configure it to be the master.

Okay, an update on the situation:

I used a different plugin from the power supply and checked the BIOS. Something popped up for the Primary IDE Master (Can't remember exactly what it showed). Now, when the computer boots, I get an "Invalid System Disk" message. Does this mean that the HD is blank?(

Tried a Windows 98 boot disk and it just stayed on a black screen with a blinking line.

Hmm... Very strange... Try taking out the IDE plug from the CD-ROM drive and putting it in the HDD if they're both IDE.

Back
Top Bottom