Crazy Video card temps

The side of the case has been off for days. I guess if the zalman thing doesnt work I can leave the thing off indefinitely and put a regular fan next to it, worked in the past.

trust me the zalman fan will bring those temps way down, i would know cause i have that card and have used that cooler with it

Are you sure the heatsink currently on the card is making good contact with the chip? Make sure that it is.

Wow this is weird, I uninstalled my video card and replaced it with a spare one but then for some reason I decided to put it back in a little while later and now my temps are a bit lower. Everything is like 10C lower than before, but this still isn't very convincing and I think I might have damaged the card somehow...maybe I'm just paranoid.

Hmm..I think I'll do that..but now there seems to be a new problem. The temps have gone way down but it's kinda laggy when I play games. I mean the card can run the games with maxed out AA/AF and still maintain the same fps as before only it's laggier. I'm worried I caused some kind of damage to the card.

it might be slowing down to compensate for the high temps, replace the crappy stock thermal paste with artic silver and see if that helps, if not then i suggest the zalman cooler

Back
Top Bottom