CPU temp

kev

In Runtime
I am running the system in my sig.

My CPU is over clocked from 3Ghz to 3.3Ghz and my temp when idle is 54º - 55º Does this seem to hot? While running 3DMark03 it gets to about 72º - 77º What do you think? I am also running a aftermarket heatsneek.

ht101-1.jpg

Except i have another 80mm fan on the other side. So i am running 2 80mm fans on it creating a push and pull system.

Edit: If i set my case on its side instead of upright my CPU temp drops from 55 to 44 instanly. Any idea why? 44 sounds a lot better then 55

this is quite a high idle temps it should run about 35c-40c idle it may be worth putting some extra case fans in like 120mm if you have room for them put one at the front to pull cool air in and one at the rear for the exhaust this should cool thind down a little. but if you can run 3dmark with any probs then it seems pretty stable.

Pentium 4's run hot though. Those temps seem fine to me.

And as for the case suddenly losing heat when you set it on its side. It may be because, either the read out suddenly can't read the right temperature, or 2, it sudenly gets better airflow. Maybe you need another fan positioned closer to your CPU exaust when its upright. Since whne its sideways, it can move straight out by lifting up from heat.

the reason it comes down in temperature when u set it on its side is because it makes proper contact with the cpu whereas when its upright that beefy cooler is pulling away from it, tighten all the screws holding it on and it should be fine

gaming_freak said:
the reason it comes down in temperature when u set it on its side is because it makes proper contact with the cpu whereas when its upright that beefy cooler is pulling away from it, tighten all the screws holding it on and it should be fine

You may have a point here. I will check that out.

That's exactly what I was going to say. I'll bet that is your problem. With that beast of a cooler I don't think you should see temperatures that high.

Ok so i checked that out. The screws were defitnaly loose. The computer has been on for about 15min - 20min now When i turned it on i right away checked the temp it was at 53 (upright) i laided it down on its side and it went to 39 - 40 I tightend the screws put the case upright again and it is ideling at about 40 - 41 Does that seem right?

Yeah mine is at 3.3 i have been watching the temp for about 20 - 30min now it is jumping between 42 - 45 now

My northwood 2.4ghz runs 48C idle, stock cooling.

from the looks of it, your temps are perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom