which cpu

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
i have just upgraded to the 64 bit era with a AMD3500+ but have found that i would be better off with a 1mb L2 cache as the 3500 only has a 512k L2 cache so i am looking at getting another cpu but i cant make my mind up. i have looked at the amd x2 3800 but this only has a 512k cache also looked at the single core AMD 4000 with a 1mb cache also the single core 3700+ clawhammer these are within my price range but im not sure which one to go for.i have also looked at the AMD x2 4200 but this maybe slightly out of my price range. has anyone any suggestion.cheers

I would go with the dual core 3800+. 512K is fine. A dual core will give you a future-proof comp with great performance.

jac006 said:
I would go with the dual core 3800+. 512K is fine. A dual core will give you a future-proof comp with great performance.

would i notice any power difference from the 3500+

512k of L2 cache won't really make that much difference in performance I don't think. Especially since you've just upgraded.

ya seriously 512kb cache is fine, upgrading to a cpu with 1mb wont make a noticable difference and is a waste of money since u just got that one, if u want more speed u can always try overclocking

so do you think its not worth upgading the cpu at all or can you recomend where and what i should upgrade next within my system.

If you are not getting accepable speed in things then i would upgrade. But 512k is totally fine.

no sorry never intel i am a AMD man through and through but no doubt there are those that love intel.Each to thier own i say

Back
Top Bottom