why are ipods so popular?

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
i mean i own one because it is all of the craze, but really they suck, they dont have an FM tuner and cant record off the FM.

because theyre easy to use for the people who dont even wanna bother to use the manual. i mean really how much simpler does it get than:
1. plug in the ipod to the computer througha slot that looks like this:
(pic of usb slot or w/e)
2. wait for your os to detect it
3. CLICK THE UPLOAD BUTTON TO UPLOAD YOUR MUSIC
4. call customer service so someone can hold your hand for you while you go through this harrowing process

i hate apple.

I like my ipod, but thats just me. There's alot of features most people don't use on the ipod either... but yeah, it's also totally personal opinion. But if it's all the craze, try something different, I didn't get mine because it was the craze, I actually looked at getting a Zen, but I wanted the extra storage that creative just didn't offer.

Chris

mr.monger said:
because theyre easy to use for the people who dont even wanna bother to use the manual. i mean really how much simpler does it get than:
1. plug in the ipod to the computer througha slot that looks like this:
(pic of usb slot or w/e)
2. wait for your os to detect it
3. CLICK THE UPLOAD BUTTON TO UPLOAD YOUR MUSIC
4. call customer service so someone can hold your hand for you while you go through this harrowing process

i hate apple.

haha

Although sony is an evil corporation which I suspect is ran by nazis, I love my NW-HD1 "mp3" player, it's so much better than any iPod i've ever seen.

another reason they are popular is because they are very user-friendly breakable. Many of my friends have ipods and a number of them break because of like a drop or 2. The reason is because they use a HD with a needle. When you drop it the needle will chip or break. I can drop my xbox 360 and it will still work (tried it) but you drop a 200 dollar nic nac and it will be rendered useless. Right metaphor... no clue.

"I can drop my xbox 360 and it will still work (tried it)"

I don't assume alot of people will try that one :p

As for the Ipod I agree. And going for it because its the "craze" at the moment, isn't a good thing either. I've never, and will never choose an Ipod over something with superiour sound quality. Thats what matters to me in an MP3 player. That, and battery life... and functions of course, but if its an MP3 player, I want randomizing, etc, etc.

They look great, they are VERY tough, they have a decent battery life (yes it is a decent battery life, i dont care what other people say, 12-14 hour battery life is decent to me...) they are very easy to use, pretty decent sound quality with decent speakers (yes the ipod own headphones suck).

i love my ipod, its great... i use my sony more now, cause ive kinda mullered my ipod a lil bit, but it still works fine, and i still use it occasionally. i will always disagree with the idiots that say 'ipods suck!! get a creative!!' ipods do not suck... period. they are very, very tough... when a creative can be dropped in a lake twice, and handled by me for a year (trust me thats pretty tough, im awful with expensive things, lol) then ill believe they are better, but untill then, ipods will be better IMO. mines been in a lake twice, and dropped literally hundreds of times, and it works perfectly fine...

mark thorpe said:
They look great, they are VERY tough, they have a decent battery life (yes it is a decent battery life, i dont care what other people say, 12-14 hour battery life is decent to me...) they are very easy to use, pretty decent sound quality with decent speakers (yes the ipod own headphones suck).

i love my ipod, its great... i use my sony more now, cause ive kinda mullered my ipod a lil bit, but it still works fine, and i still use it occasionally. i will always disagree with the idiots that say 'ipods suck!! get a creative!!' ipods do not suck... period. they are very, very tough... when a creative can be dropped in a lake twice, and handled by me for a year (trust me thats pretty tough, im awful with expensive things, lol) then ill believe they are better, but untill then, ipods will be better IMO. mines been in a lake twice, and dropped literally hundreds of times, and it works perfectly fine...

Who said you can't drop a creative in the lake and it will still work?? I have tested both ipods and creatives and Creative destroys it. My creative has insane battery life that even with the backlight on, I never remember when I recharged it last. My Creative fell on the road when I was riding my bike the 2nd day i got it. It still worked. I disagree with you saying ipods are tough, my mom dropped her ipod and it got killed. iPods are becoming to much of a trend now and I HATE it when people say, oh is that an ipod?? They assume the ipod is the only mp3 out there. I can think of numerous ways why the Creative Vision M owns the iPod video. And have proof.

Back
Top Bottom