What else can replace Thermal paste?

Nothing can replace thermal paste. Lhuser you are trying to take too many shortcuts on this system you have. You're going to have to follow some normal procedures or you're going to have an exspencive center piece for the coffee table.

Err, the questin was a bit mis typed. I meant what other thing can replace thermal paste like Thermal Pad, Liquid...

Gawd, you'd think all these things would be really cheap, but they can be really expensive, their needed though thats for sure.

I don't think I used anything like thermal paste, pad, or liquid on the box I'm on now. I just bought some heatsink from CompUSA and stuck it on. I even over clocked it. I guess I'll have to fork over for a new processor though if it decides to fry soon.

RewtGuy said:
I don't think I used anything like thermal paste, pad, or liquid on the box I'm on now. I just bought some heatsink from CompUSA and stuck it on. I even over clocked it. I guess I'll have to fork over for a new processor though if it decides to fry soon.

It would have already fried by now. Most heat-sinks come with thermal compound already on them in a little square in the middle. It's pretty common.

Back
Top Bottom