BF2 Update

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

Just wondering if the Incremental (82mb), the one below the top one, is the same as the top one. I have version 1.12 and would rather only download the 82mb file insted of the 370mb file. So if I have version I.12 am I able to just downlaod the Incremental one?

Thanx

EDIT: Sorry, just found the answer...thankyou anyways

well since u found the answer I don't need to tell u.
But about the new patch, it's GREAT.
I love the fact that those n00b bunny hoppers don't do so well anymore.
Almost everything is better, like the support class weapons. Finally they are usefull.

Haven't tried L96A1, but I didn't like P90 so much. In real life it has a very high ROF, but in BF2 the ROF is about the same as it is in MP5. And the other bad thing is the sprinting, u can't run for a long distance now.

Yeah, I am downloading it now....I also heard that you can actually see a UAV Plane circling in the area where the UAV is....I also heard you can shoot it down to stop the UAV prematurely which is fantastic...

cantona said:
Yeah, I am downloading it now....I also heard that you can actually see a UAV Plane circling in the area where the UAV is....I also heard you can shoot it down to stop the UAV prematurely which is fantastic...

well it's nice, but I hate the fact that the enemy UAV's tag can be seen. It would be so much better if it didn't have the tag on it.
Other than that it's good, u never shoot down the UAV, atleast I don't. But it's good since when u see their UAV up there u know that u are being watched. And then u know how to act accordingly to it.

And just noticed one other very bad thing. The damage on DAO has decreased ALOT. I mean, it was probably the most usefull unlock in normal BF2. Now it's almost useless, takes 3 shots to kill someone from like 1 meter. Thats why I'm using the underpowered P90 atm, might even go back to MP5 etc because they had their accuracy increased.

Well, i eould download it, but like always EA is being unreliable at the moment. w00t! Let's announc ea new patch, then not make access to it! :D w00t w00t! Go EA!!! :rolleyes:

Did anyone else find the FAV can shoot down a transport helicopter like nothing? I mean I was flying on Wake Island 2007 and some guy sitting in the turret of a FAV shot us down within 5 seconds. We were all like wtf?! Also the attack helicopters seem to be overly powerful. We were getting totally dominated by the chinese apache right off the start. It just destroyed the AA and went to town killing everyone. I thought the patch was suppose to reduce the overall strength of the attack helicopters. IMO this patch kinda sucks. It ruined some aspects of the game.

And I don't think you can shoot down the UAV. It's just some gay looking aircraft that circles around high up in the sky.

I do like the fact that they got rid of some of the exploits namely the sprint exploit and dolphin diving. Also some of the changes on weapons seem to be better as well.

Well you have to understand. Dice NEVER addresses the real issues. They only address issues no one cares for. Dice = crappy company. :D

Distortion88 said:
Did anyone else find the FAV can shoot down a transport helicopter like nothing? I mean I was flying on Wake Island 2007 and some guy sitting in the turret of a FAV shot us down within 5 seconds. We were all like wtf?! Also the attack helicopters seem to be overly powerful. We were getting totally dominated by the chinese apache right off the start. It just destroyed the AA and went to town killing everyone. I thought the patch was suppose to reduce the overall strength of the attack helicopters. IMO this patch kinda sucks. It ruined some aspects of the game.

No the attach chopper is not that good anymore. It has like 30% less hp and like 50% less missiles now. And the AA finally hits. Now the chopper is quite balanced, u can still destroy tanks etc with the TV missile quite easily, but u have to be carefull of AA, FAVs etc shooting at u. Even a single AT kit missile takes like 60-80% of hp (depending on where it hits). So u get hit once with an AT missile -> back to repair station.

Distortion88 said:
And I don't think you can shoot down the UAV. It's just some gay looking aircraft that circles around high up in the sky.
U can shoot it down, no one just bothers because u don't get points from doing it :D

Distortion88 said:
I do like the fact that they got rid of some of the exploits namely the sprint exploit and dolphin diving. Also some of the changes on weapons seem to be better as well.
I like the bunny hopping & dolphin diving fixes, but I don't like the guns so much.
The primary AT-kit weapon needed the accuracy, but reducing the damage on DAO was stupid. Also are pistols not as accurate as they were before? Atleast I don't hit anything with them anymore :D But the fact that the LMGs are usefull is exellent.

Overall I'd say it was a very good patch, air vehicles are not so overpowered anymore, no n00bs attaching from behind a corner, jumping, launching the nade to their own feet and end up killing u but not harming themselves etc.

Back
Top Bottom