Hard drive swap.

tivaelydoc1

In Runtime
I just filled my 250 gb hard drive up today, the 300gb still has about 10gb left, but I want to do a hard drive swap. I want to put all my data on the new 500gb I'm getting and make it the C drive. I don't know how I would do it though. Another thing, what would be the cheapest 1tb+ raid configuration? Ex: would I use 10x100gb or 4x300gb? I don't know.

wow thats a lot of storage and u filled it up??? anyway once u get the new hard drive just install the OS on it and plug it and transfer the files over, i think the cheapest 1tb raid config would be 2x500gb

gaming_freak said:
wow thats a lot of storage and u filled it up??? anyway once u get the new hard drive just install the OS on it and plug it and transfer the files over, i think the cheapest 1tb raid config would be 2x500gb

I have a lot of multimedia. If I were to plug it in, wouldn't it auotmatically assign it to to the F:/ directory and if I were to transfer all the directories would mess up. Well, 2 500gb are about $640, but 4 300gb is only $480 and you're definitly get 1tb, where as with the deuce 500 you're getting less 1tb.

Why do you need all this? Lol, have you considered some really good, and big external hard drives?

If you wondering why, it's because I can fill a TB in a few weeks. I've deleted 10's of gigs everyday to make more room. And until that peta hard drive comes out next year, I need a cheap harddrive config. Externals are overpriced. I can get a 8x sata 100/150 raid card and 8x 300gb for under 1k. Even with formating, and a RAID 5 setup, that's still 2tb. If you can think of anything cheaper, let me know.

you can get 8x 250 gig western digitals 16mb cache sata 3.0gb/s 7200 rpms from new egg at 110 i think. Run you 880. Cards, I dunno.

That'd put you at 2 tb too. Well just shy. Make a nice raid5.

Back
Top Bottom