Floppy Disk Player?

Fess

Beta member
Umm... Well Fisrt of all Hello.
Now I have a very funny and to some poeple very stupid question:
:confused: is it possible to make a floppy disk player, you know since there are many programs that can compress songs (and I managed to put 17 songs on one floppy disk) :confused: My friend said all you have to do is to find a way to connect a floppy drive to sound card, but I think there is more to that...
So could you all be nice and answer my stupid question?
Thx for at least looking at this.

ummm.... for one, I doubt it. It's a little more complicated than just plugging in some wires. I don't think it's easy, let alone possible. It would be easier and invovle less work to just get an mp3 player. Plus, it's more portable and can carry more songs. If you're really stubborn and you really want to know, I suggest you go to an electronics store. They might be able to help you.

ummm well see I already have mp3 player. I just like to mod and hack things but all the stuff I did before I got from some kind of tutorials, and this is something that I actualy came up with, and all I need is a little help...

17 songs on a floppy sic. must be mightly compressed files....

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be possible to do though unless you were very technically minded.

For one thing, you couldn't hack a very cheap mp3 player and get it to play floppes by chanigng a few things. It'd need alot of skill, rewiring, and probably new parts.

Plus not to mention you'd eed an operating system to read the disk and access it, and also play it using some kind of built in software.

Its deifnietly more than a floppy drive and a sound card I'm afraid. I can't help you though on the technical side. if you really want to know, I do suggest asking somewhere as well.

I'm sure there are some modding sites for stuff like this that may help on a forum.

Fess said:
Umm... Well Fisrt of all Hello.
Now I have a very funny and to some poeple very stupid question:
:confused: is it possible to make a floppy disk player, you know since there are many programs that can compress songs (and I managed to put 17 songs on one floppy disk) :confused: My friend said all you have to do is to find a way to connect a floppy drive to sound card, but I think there is more to that...
So could you all be nice and answer my stupid question?
Thx for at least looking at this.
it would not work just connecting wires, because there is nothing there like a decoder that knows how to read the audio files. and i bet the 17 songs sounded crappy.

Back
Top Bottom